Petromany

petromany

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex
Hi everyone, things back to normal today after yesterday's fiasco. Contacted our son who is a G.P. today, and he asked the question of the drugs his dad was on. Really thought that the Reminyl may be causing problems. The Consultant put him on Aricept at first, but he was taken off the drug when he started to have terrible hallucinations and nightmares etc., they then put him on Reminyl, and at first there didn't seem to be a problem, however, I thught he was getting even more confused than ever, and ased if he should come off of these. However, Cosultant, after my husbands test.said that he had only gone down by 3 points, whereas in the previous year this was 6 points, so they thought the drug was having the desired outcome. However, I am still not convinced, and doubt has come back. Has anyone else had any experience with this drug, My husband has Vascular dementia. he was first diagnosed with dementia, and then they thought he had a bit of both, and now their minds have changed and say he has the vascular one.... I dont know whether I am coming or going. Any comments

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Hi Petromany,
So sorry you're having a hard time.

My Mum was on Reminyl & didn't have any side effects at all ( she also had mixed AD/vascular) It kept her stable for quite a long while.

Sorry not to be of more help
regards
germain

ps just remembered she had some mild hallucinations when starting to take Prozac for depression and always saw bears, parrots & dogs in our garden. The optician said these "visions" were probably due to her glaucoma and cataracts as they always seemed to be based on something she insisted she could see (she mistook a large bag of compost for a St Bernard dog and we had to go out and shoo it away !!)