Today is John's birthday

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Today is John’s birthday, he would have been 78.

One year ago today we had celebrated his birthday with a party in the home. They had baked him a cake, and I had taken in lots of goodies for everyone. John enjoyed it, he always loved attention, and he had such a wonderful smile.

Ten days later he choked, and was admitted to hospital with aspiration pneumonia, and died a week later.

It was so unexpected, he had been stable for so long, and was enjoying life. One of my favourite photos was taken just a couple of months earlier, and shows John and my granddaughter enjoying each other’s company.

My darling John, I miss you so much.

IMG_0301 small.jpg

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
You will be full of memories today Hazel. Remember the good ones my love and be thankful you have them. Easy to say and hard to do I know. Early days yet Hazel, keep you chin up. You are very much loved., don't forget this most important of things on this day of all days.

xxTinaT

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thinking of you Hazel at this time of high sentiment. The loss is tremendous. That photograph is beautiful.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Thinking of you today on John's birthday. A lovely photo for you to hold close to you as you remember him and miss him.

love
Bronwen x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Hazel,

It was Peter's birthday on Sunday. All the emotionals come back to what we had before A.D.

I even send myself flowers. My thoughts are with you to-day.

Take care

Love from
Christine xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hazel,
It must be such a bittersweet day. I hope your memories are of all the wonderful times you had together.

That is a beautiful photo and your granddaughter is so like you.

Lost Soul

Mar 30, 2011
Dear Hazel, just think how lucky you were to have so much love in your life. Easier said of course as we can't put our arms around memories so are going to miss them forever.
XXX

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Hazel,

Sending love on an emotional day, and hoping, as you delve back further than last birthday, the happiness of birthdays past can bring you a smile. I'm sure John would love that, xxxxx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Hazel

Lovely photo of John and your grandaughter,sending you a big(((hug))),thinking of you also take care Marian xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you for the love and hugs.:)

After a sleepless night, and a very shaky start this morning, the day got better. John's cousin rang and said she's like to come and see me, and take me out to lunch. Then we both went to the garden of remembrance.

It was beautiful there, the trees have thickened out so much from last year, and a pair of swans with their cygnets were resting near John's tree. The cob was very protective, and wouldn't let us get too near, but I managed a photo.

Georgie has gone home now, and I feel more at peace. Just another three weeks to get through. I'm thinking I'll visit the home one day.

John's tree.jpg

John's tree

Hazel & tree.jpg

Old woman & tree

Swan & cygnets.jpg

Swan & cygnets.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Hazel, thinking of you today. The tree is looking wonderful and it looks such a peaceful place. Hope the rest of your day is serene xxx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Hazel

What beautiful photos and what a lovely setting for John's tree.

I know only too well how painful today must have been for you.
Sending you love and (((HUGS))) and thinking of you.

Love