Mr Angry is MAD as it would appear no IMCA is in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Angry

Account Closed
Mar 11, 2011
This week I contacted the person I was told was my fathers IMCA by the agency used by my SS to ask when they had last visited my father.

As people may be aware I have been 'banned' from seeing my father by CH/SS as they don't like me asserting my fathers rights and of course the never ending ongoing POVA investigation which I have been told started in 2009 ( come on SS why waste tax payers money if you have dirt on me prove it )

The person I thought was his IMCA told me they hadn't seen him in weeks but could assure me he was loving it in the CH. How odd when on the audio files on his blog site he says otherwise. They reluctantly agreed to visit him on my request and as a result of a follow up call today told me he said he was unhappy there and wanted to return to his home to me and that they would tell SS. When I asked what action they would take to address his other complaints (after all that is what they are paid for) I was told that they were not his IMCA and that in fact many agencies were involved with him. They declined to say whose these agencies were or give me names and contact details.

At the moment I have no idea who his IMCA is or even if one exists and his wishes that I act for him are still ignored. A serious violation of MCA.

I read Lord Falconer's intro to the MCA code of practice today which I have quoted below. Given this violation of the code all I could think of saying after reading it is what my father says when I tell him why SS think he is mental and have prevented me from seeing him 'a load of Bo%$o/#s'

The Mental Capacity Act 2005 is a vitally important
piece of legislation, and one that will make a real
difference to the lives of people who may lack mental
capacity. It will empower people to make decisions
for themselves wherever possible, and protect
people who lack capacity by providing a lexible
framework that places individuals at the very heart
of the decision-making process. It will ensure that
they participate as much as possible in any decisions
made on their behalf, and that these are made in their
best interests. It also allows people to plan ahead for
a time in the future when they might lack the capacity,
for any number of reasons, to make decisions for
themselves.

Mr_Angry

Account Closed
Mar 11, 2011
Wheels within wheels

I have never been told the name of my fathers IMCA so I have had to do my own detective work. I discovered a name only to be told by the agency that supplies IMCA's to my LA that they had no record of that person but did indicate that if a mental capacity test had been done that agency was likely to be involved so did some investigating of their own. That agency provided a name and as you can see from my earlier post it turns out that the person named is not my fathers IMCA. They also informed me that they do not attend meetings with SS regarding my father and neither does the IMCA. They refused to give any details of the person appointed to be my fathers IMCA other than a christian name.

I contacted the SW in charge of my fathers case who also could not name the IMCA instead suggesting I contact the same agency I discovered as a result of my initial investigation.

Do not pass go do not collect £500. Gross incompetence or stone walling on the part of SS, you tell me?

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
They refused to give any details of the person appointed to be my fathers IMCA other than a christian name.

I contacted the SW in charge of my fathers case who also could not name the IMCA instead suggesting I contact the same agency I discovered as a result of my initial investigation.

Do not pass go do not collect £500. Gross incompetence or stone walling on the part of SS, you tell me?

If an IMCA has been appointed then SS would know who it is. If no-one is talking to you then the FBI must be involved:)? I know we often refer to Social Services as "the SS" - but this is ludicrous! You are entitled to your own Advocate and they should be able to talk to all the Advocacy services - cheaper than using a solicitor.

simonmonty

Nov 22, 2008
Yorkshire
'SS' Social Services More like Secret Service. With my experiences with SS it dose not surprise me at all a law on to them self s. With the ones I had to deal with the biggest abusers around but unfortunately not the only abusers in the 'SS' it seems. :mad:

Tolkny

Feb 16, 2009
East of England
It is immensely frustrating..

I have not been following this Message Board lately but can only think it is necessary to continue taking close advice from a solicitor and to keep alerting MP to problems as it is Parliament to whom the Government Ministers who are responsible for system are ultimately answerable to.

But it is all so long winded when one is denied direct contact with the person in need of Care. I wish I had a positive simple solution, but maybe there is not one.

Mr_Angry

Account Closed
Mar 11, 2011
Simples

I would suggest as I have been from day one that SS sit down in a room with my father, all the medical experts and legal experts they wish to bring along and allow me to do the same and we listen to my fathers words and hear his thoughts on the matter. If they can show a completely independent mental capacity test that proves 100% that my father lacks the ability to determine where he wishes to live and can show evidence that their conclusion is consistent over time then I will shut up.

In a scientific or clinical trial you do not come to a conclusion after conducting one test. In the case of the MCA we have a test that is subjective and which can be administered by someone with no medical or psychiatric training. On the word of a SW someone can be locked up for life.

Tolkny

Feb 16, 2009
East of England
I would suggest as I have been from day one that SS sit down in a room with my father, all the medical experts and legal experts they wish to bring along and allow me to do the same and we listen to my fathers words and hear his thoughts on the matter.

It does seem an obvious way to a solution, I wonder whether there is any way that suggestion might be tested in a court to get a Judicial decision on the point.

It could be there is already Case Law on such matters and by instituting proceedings that would have SSD's lawyers checking on the law and giving advise that might mean they did not take it as far as a Court Hearing or alternatively, if there is not clear Case law, possibly some could be made that would support others in similar situations on other occasions.

Testing it could be a costly business, I wonder if advise and perhaps support might be available from The Alzheimer's Society.

However, I could be completely off track, and commenting on something that has already been well aired, as I have not read all the postings on the topic.

I am just relieved that as far as my Mother in Law was concerned we remained on amicable terms with our local SSD about most things.

Mr_Angry

Account Closed
Mar 11, 2011
My fathers comments are available on his web site if anyone wants the link just PM me.

Bob S

Mar 24, 2009
Welwyn Garden City
Having seen the complaint submitted to the OPG by the local authority dealing with my father, and the numerous inaccuracies and false statements, I know fully how SS work and how underhand they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.