Re TP Upgrade

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi everyone

Just thought I’d like to share my thoughts as a person who has Alzheimer’s on this new TP upgrade…

When I first logged on this morning my initial impression was (Oh my god what’s happened?:eek: what do I do?:confused: how does this work?:eek: How do I navigate the website:confused:) so to say it caused me an immense amount of bewilderment would be an almighty understatement!!!:eek::confused::confused:

But I said “Initial Impression”;) as once I’d got over the shock…:eek: and taken some time to carefully view all the pages of the new layout then all I can say is:
(Well done to all concerned, it’s brilliant) ;);)

Barry

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
When I first logged on this morning my initial impression was (Oh my god what’s happened?:eek: ment!!!:eek::

(Well done to all concerned, it’s brilliant) ;);)

Barry I thought eek too
But now im :)

Im often here using my mobile, its one of them touch screen ones and im just going to love pressing top to get back to the top of the page rather than flicking the screen umpteen times ,

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Mmmmm

So glad you like it Barry - the new upgraded format must be working as hardly any comments from anyone, and none I can see of a negative nature - although I haven't been logged on for very long today.

My first impression was: layout not as user-friendly, pages look bland and lacking structure, everything cramped - loads more to view on a page. Icons a bit overwhelming on main page.

But, having said that, the look and feel is extremely sophisticated. Can't knock it, will have to get used to looking at it afresh, and finding everything - took me ages to find everything when I joined, feel like I've joined all over again.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for the encouragement Barry. I have only just logged in and my initial impression is "I hate it":( I feel very confused already but because of your encouragement, I will spend time getting myself familiarised with it tomorrow.

Love

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
I think it's amazing that all the big changes have been achieved in about 24 hrs - it really does seem like a huge upgrade. Like the others I find the white a bit glaring - just have to get used to it. I have found Command and + on my Mac makes the screen bigger, so thanks for the tip Jennifer. I just can't work out why the envelopes are all different colours? Am I being thick?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sure once we get used to navigating round the screen we will find it less stressful.

I`m still looking for signs which used to be in different places, New Posts, Private Messages, Who`s on line and the Forum Section Headings. I feel like I`m at Wimbledon, my head is turning from side to side.

I remember something similar following the last upgrade but it was a nine days wonder.

For those worried about difficulty seeing the fine blue line round the reply box, don`t worry. Just click and your cursor will be placed in the correct area automatically.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
I think it's amazing that all the big changes have been achieved in about 24 hrs - it really does seem like a huge upgrade. Like the others I find the white a bit glaring - just have to get used to it. I have found Command and + on my Mac makes the screen bigger, so thanks for the tip Jennifer. I just can't work out why the envelopes are all different colours? Am I being thick?

OK, thanks for the tip Mary as a fellow Mac user. But wow, this is just a different ball game.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Phew

Just going to force myself to say hello on just one post to see how it goes......Think I might be able to find all the knobs eventually - but why +++ white screen?? I'm a little like Helen - but I expect I will improve with practice............:cool:

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
My eyesight is not great and I can't see the borders around the edge unless I put my nose to the screen and I find the forum very white when not in daylight.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
My eyesight is not great and I can't see the borders around the edge unless I put my nose to the screen and I find the forum very white when not in daylight.
I'm so glad you said that - I too am compromised visually - very strong, unusually strong, script - & I thought someone had changed the settings a little as it is a bit better this morning - but do you find that it is very pale in the reply box borders - but slightly better in the actual reading of posts - 'cos I thought it not so bad reading your post but while replying feel I might fall out of the post I'm making!!

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
May I ask - is there an explanation somehwhere about why the changes - maybe something to do with improving how it feels for people with dementia?

My scroll tool on the mouse is going to die soon - I am def. using it more than I used to!! - even having to scroll to find the submit reply button.

Find I'm making more typos too - but don't know why.......

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sue

cos I thought it not so bad reading your post but while replying feel I might fall out of the post I'm making!!

I feel the same but if you click your mouse anywhere in the reply box it automatically starts at the beginning so there`s no way you`ll go over the line.

I loved it at first but am now finding the light a bit harsh.

The changes as far as I know are not just for cosmetic reasons. I believe they are to improve the efficiency of the site.
We had teething problems the last time the site was upgraded and most of them were ironed out eventually. If not, we got used to them.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Thanks Sylvia - I would like to make the space after a small post smaller, shorten the length of the post - it seems vast which will be a lot to read through on long thread.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Sue

Thanks Sylvia - I would like to make the space after a small post smaller, shorten the length of the post - it seems vast which will be a lot to read through on long thread.

The space after a post is affected by the depth of personal details down the let of the Post. They were arranged differently before.