Henry ill, I am concerned....

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Loo...will be thinking of you today and pray you have a good visit and can relax a little. It is a very hard road we have to travel,and now after 9 months, I still find myself wishing.......

love
Bronwenx

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Loo

I'm thinking about you and Henry today. I hope the transfer to the CH is stress free and uneventful. Today you and Henry step out on a new path. I've got everything crossed that this is the beginning of you both having good quality time together, minus the stress and upset you have had over the past six months.

Love Carina x x

geum123

May 20, 2009
Hi Loo,:)
Saffie has taken the words right out of my mouth.

Thinking about you both.

Geum

xxxxxx

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Dear Loo,

Just adding my thoughts to others. I'll be sending you healing vibes tonight, I think it will be a tough one, relief that the hospital saga is over mixed with the anguish of letting go. We will all be here for you, let it all out.

Never mind one day at a time, take it minute by minute and be especially kind to yourself. You are not alone.

much love Bastan. xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hello Loo
I do hope your day has not been as traumatic as you feared. Maybe a bit mixed. I really want to hear how Henry's move went but I'm afraid I have to go to bed. I've been awake since 4 am and up since 6. I can't stop yawning. I'm the opposite to you I know.
Trouble is I'll have to wait until Wednesday now. I don't know how I'm doing to cope without TP tomorrow - my birthday too, when I always feel miserable, never mind this year! Can't even find sanctuary here! Ah well, just have to grin and bear it I guess.

Lots of love and good wishes. M X

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just re reading your Thread and feel anxious to know how today went for you both and how you are feeling this evening.

It brings back memories of our experience when my husband went to his Nursing Home. The staff were and are lovely but it was a hard time. I remember well the comfort of having TP to come back to each day.

Take care

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi Loo, Thinking of you and Henry. I do so hope all has gone well, all your fears and worries mirrored dad's and mine. All the small details that we are so anxious to get right, I know Dad got quite frustrated by some of my persistence on wanting to get it 'right'. Sending love Katherine xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have only just got on my laptop, been trying to get here for ages but a grand-son phoned, which is an extremely rare happening, (over 7 months since last time!) and talked for Britain, about himself! Then soon afterwards a grand-daughter phoned, and talked all about herself!. Then our daughter phoned quite late, to ask about her Dad. So the evening disappeared.

I am going to start a new thread since, as you say, Carina, from today Henry and I step out on a new path.... The subject of this thread is now outdated. But I did want to respond to all of you who wrote since I was last on TP yesterday.

Thank you so much, your caring thoughts are a great comfort to me Bronwen, Jo, Geum, Mary, Izzy, Bastan, Saffie, Jan and everyone else who has written on this thread. You have helped sustain me and again I have to say that I don't know what I would do without you, just no words to express my deepest appreciation.

I think the new thread will be 'Henry from hospital to care home...'

For Henry, it went better than I feared, some difficult moments but mainly good although there were a lot of distractions for him during the time I was there with him. How he was afterwards.....

For me, well that's another story.

Bronwen you wrote:
It is a very hard road we have to travel,and now after 9 months, I still find myself wishing.......
It is a hard road, and today I found myself wishing, doubting....

After Henry being away from me for over six months in hospitals I thought it may have helped prepare me for today, but it did not. It feels so final.

My daughter was saying something on the phone, I can't remember what now but quite casually and somewhere she said "... after all, he will be living there for the rest of his life..." and that stabbed my heart, the words keep repeating themselves in my head. So final.
I've got everything crossed that this is the beginning of you both having good quality time together, minus the stress and upset you have had over the past six months.
I hope so, Carina, I do hope so. But it will take time. I am so relieved that Henry is now out of hospital, half a year of his life. Thank God most of it is not remembered by him but it is still too close behind us for me to quickly forget. Some nightmares take longer to fade than others, I feel that since November everything that has happened, one scenario after another and some all together, I have not 'addressed' in full, if you know what I mean. It is all piled up in my mind and needs to be sorted out and then finally put away.

Thank you for you for your words, Bastan:
I'll be sending you healing vibes tonight, I think it will be a tough one, relief that the hospital saga is over mixed with the anguish of letting go. We will all be here for you, let it all out.

Never mind one day at a time, take it minute by minute and be especially kind to yourself. You are not alone.
Yes great relief, anguish, and more. I know I'm not alone, but how sad that we are together for such reasons.

Rather shocked by myself, I need to take your advice; one minute at a time. I don't know how you all get through this. Six months ago I would never have dreamt in my worst nightmare where we would now. I knew it was "somewhere further down the road", and even although it was sheer hell at home caring for Henry, and I had my breaking points as many of you did, and do, somehow that road seemed a long distance away. Denial or deluded complacancy...
It brings back memories of our experience when my husband went to his Nursing Home. The staff were and are lovely but it was a hard time. I remember well the comfort of having TP to come back to each day.
Jan, that sounds so like me today.

Saffie, sorry you had a bad night, me too. Had 'an odd turn'. I was praying oh please don't let me be ill today of all days. Finally dropped off about twenty minutes before you awoke, 3.40am. Hope you sleep tonight. Me too, still do not feel good.

I was thinking the same thing, no TP tomorrow. Your birthday too, I shall think about you, and send you belated birthday greetings.

I'm off now to try and start my new thread, but may not make it before TP closes down.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, the support has been overwhelmingly unbelievable, and has touched me deeply. Thank you.

It wont be hard to guess where my thoughts are tonight....

With my love
Loo xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thanks for your thoughts Kathereen. Yes we do want to get it 'right'. Perhaps we worry too much about all the small details.

Today I made the mistake of thinking Henry would notice this, and that, but it was other things he noticed! However for him it went well, I can only hope it continues to do so, time will tell.

But I have the same trepidation about tomorrow's visit that I have had before every hospital visit over six months; how will he be today, will he be worse, better, the same..... However taking it one day at a time, you are right Sylvia, today could have been much worse for him.

When he wakens tomorrow morning he will have forgotten today, so how will he feel.... One could go on and on....

With love
Loo xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar