for better.. then for worse

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Well today I decided we would go to our caravan:cool:

So YES we have had the driest 3 months for ever;) until we set off, and yes it is official the drought in Lincolnshire is over:rolleyes:

Anyway we arrived to the caravan we have had for 22 years, and I was so pleased Tom could find his way around.. Why is there always a but?:confused:

Got him settled in bed and is my want began to phone friends;)

Then a frantic shout 'where are we' at the van:confused.

I just hope that the fact he was so tired from the journey has added to his confusion, he is not happy that I have had to help him find the toilet (and I suspect I will again during the night)

What I am trying to say is that for Tom memories made long ago are still OK, but NOW only exists for about 15minutes..

Still that is what AD does.:mad:

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hope he settles for you Helen a nd don't need the toilet to often tonight we had a downpour at 3 really heavy but only lasted about 20 minutes hope the sun shines for you tomorrow love larivy

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hope yor time at the caravan goes well and the weather is kind to you. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hoping your holiday is restful for you both, Helen. Do you have a camera with you? Take care of yourself on the wet roads and paths.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hope all goes well Helen and you manage to have a bit of a rest too.

And I hope s*d`s law doesn`t mean your moving into a caravan doesn`t signify the end of the dry spell.
The sound of the rain on my flat kitchen roof yesterday was deafening, I dread to think what it`s like on the roof of a caravan. :eek:

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Signature

Hmmm - Helen - I'm beginning to see why you have your signature as
Never take your eye off the ball, it may
just smack you in the mouth.
- both for you at the caravan & for me here too. A big hug to you, x

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
P.s.

You're better than me - guessing you are adept at WiFi.....or iPhone.....I have not mastered these yet!!:cool:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Helen,

I could practically see your expressions as I read your thread!! The rain is freshening things up for you;) Hopefully it will turn out to be glorious as the week progresses:)

I wish I could be as confident that Tom will settle after a good rest. Everything crossed. I really do hope that you have a decent time at the caravan - it's beautiful there:) You certainly deserve a bit of a change and a break. Just a little time to read your book would be good.

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helen:
Just a quick hello and hope you have managed a reasonable night and Tom not too confused this am. Hope you get some benefit from the break and the weather improves.
Take care

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
the best bit;

waking at first light to total silence, broken only by the call of a solitary cuckoo..

Ok then the BUTS:cool::cool:

Tom to frighten to move in case he fell down the stairs:confused::confused: anyway after he had been to the loo and I convinced him that our caravan definitely didn't have stairs:D he has managed quite well, Oh and he loves the electric blanket I have bought him (he is a cold mortal)

Thank goodness for subtitles on the TV the rain drown the sound right out:rolleyes:

Curtains and nets are all up and all the junk is in the spare bedroom, so it looks OK.

Thanks for all the good wishes for our break, if it stops raining I will take some photos.

I'm on line using a pay as you dial-up, bit slow but adequate, now if I was clever I (apparently:D:D) can connect my new phone to the computer and use my mobile web allowance (well, I would if I could, wouldn't I???:confused::confused:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
if it stops raining I will take some photos.

Not 'if' Helen but 'when';):)

I wish I was clever enough to help you with the phone and computer connection but I think we both know of someone that is;)

It's sunny here but cold. I'm glad that Tom likes his new blanket. Are the seals still around?

Love x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Oh Helen, I so envy you, I loved my\our caravan. I used to go if OH was working a long week, just me and the dog, my knitting and a stack of books, bliss. I had to let it go after Mum started with AZ on top of her other ailments, I was getting called back too often to justify the site fees......one day!!Maureen.x.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Cragmaid

I have been on this site for nearly 40 years:eek::eek:

When I came it was fetch the water and calor gas lights, thank goodness we have moved on the a loo and a shower in the van:rolleyes: Oh and electric for Tom's electric blanket and my computer:cool::cool:

But I still need to convince Tom that the van has no stairs for him to fall down:confused::confused: Still I feel for him when he is so lost in what was his second well loved home.

Tomorrow we will go in to Mablethorpe to shop, that would have before involved at least a visit for me to see the sea and to describe what was happening on the beach. Now it will be a supermarket dash and get Tom back home before he needs a loo, (he has prostate cancer, in remission, but it has left him feeling he needs a loo very frequently)

Anyway 'IF' he settles I will go off with my camera, but will not be able to post:confused: I forgot the software for the camera is not on my laptop.. Maybe I can use my new phone:D:D if I can work out how to:D:D

goodnight to you all from the wilds of LIncolnshire:rolleyes::rolleyes:

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Well it has been a 'funny' sort of 10 days.:confused:

Tom has been unable to find his way around the van for most of the time, sometimes able to follow my verbal instructions, sometimes not. :(

So apart from an hour outside one day with a book it has been 'a bit stressful' Trips to fetch a paper or milk have been done on the understanding that he sits in his chair and waits till I return.:rolleyes:

We are returning home tomorrow, so I have been packing bits ready, so Tom decided that we had 'arrived' today and is wondrous as to why we need to leave tomorrow.:eek:

I now await to see how he will cope when we get home, I hope that bringing him here has not caused new difficulties.

There are no photos, and I haven't even seen the sea:D

BUT I have watched a lot of re-runs of 'upstairs, downstairs' on TV.. and an enormous amount of news:rolleyes:

So I will update tomorrow when we get home and just hope that for the moment we maybe can keep the caravan.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear Helen. It doesn't sound as if you have had much of a break. Let's see what happens when Tom gets home. Hope he will be all right. xx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kez15