Mums hospital visit not good

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Mum had hospital appointment today at MND clinic
They tested her oxygen levels and her breathing both have deteriorated since her last visit 3 months ago:eek: they have given us equipment to test her levels at home and they are going to surply us with oxygen for us to give to her when needed they think she is having problems breathing at night when in bed and that is why she is sleeping alot during the day :eek: they are also checking her blood because you only have to touch her and she bruises her swallowing has taken a down turn as well we have to feed her now in a certain position speech therapist is going to come and show us at home:eek: her leg muscles have also worsened so all in all it was a great appointment and I don't think the drs and nurses all noticed the change in mum she's usually funny but today she just sat not saying much I asked if this could cause her to be more confused they said yes but are going to get in touch with AD consultant the palliative care team are also going to visit us at home to see if they can make any suggestion equipment wise but also so they can get to know us better (don't think I like the sound of that) my brother and sil were there with us and we have spent a couple of hours trying to get our heads round something we didn't want to hear we are going to have a family meeting over the weekend to discuss our next steps love larivy

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Laraivy, I am happier to hear that the palliative team want to get to know you all, than I would be if they just said hello and took it no further. Palliative, means
focuses on relieving and preventing the suffering of patients.
Wikipedia...
Sorry, not meaning to sound know it all but wanting to say that is is about comfortable handling of Mum's ailments. I'm glad you are going to have a pow wow, the same song sheet is calling for a family choir to sing from it together. Get some sleep, I hope the shoulder is mending well..you lucky so and so. mine's still killing me. Back to the painkillers and speak soon. Love Maureen.x.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Laviry , So :( for you that your Mum's Appt was not good on the postive side you had support from your Family which gess you needed

Hope the Home Appts go well the Hospital sound Caring & am sure you find them Supportive in the long term . :( if that sounds tactless please ignore it

Postive Vibes from me to you Laviry that your Mum is more settled tomorrow & you have some sleep

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Larivy

I hope the increase in the oxygen levels will help Mum to be more comfortable.

While I hope the palliative care team can help make things easier I'm sorry that this has happened so soon..

((HUGS))

Helen. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello larivy

If the palliative care team can make your mum more comfortable and the oxygen can reduce her confusion and the amount of sleep she needs, it might make it easier for all of you.
I hope so. xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm sorry to hear about yesterday's visit, Larivy. I hope that at least you will get more support and some good ideas and action to help your mum live more comfortably. Sending you a hug. x

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Larivy,
I'm so sorry to hear of your dear mum's downturn.
But some good may come of yesterday's appointment. I do hope so.
Thinking of you all and sending love,
Nan XXX

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
I'm sorry your mum's not so good at the moment Larivy. Like the others I'm hoping that when the palliative care team become involved your mum will be more confortable and things will be easier for you. I think the term 'palliative' scares us but as Cragmaid points out, it shouldn't. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxe

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Good morning Larivy
Hope mum is brighter today and you receive the extra help which will benefit you both,can mum still enjoy photos sure she would like to see you emerging from the waves again, take care love to you all, how is bro at th e moment . Lorazi Pam

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Larivy,

Just sending a large hug. Any change with this illness is hard to accept. I know how sad you must be.

Sending love and support with the hug,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to hear this Larivy. Glad you have family to talk it through and hope the extra support will make things easier for you.
Thinking about you as I know how difficult it is.
Love

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
thank you every one mum had oxygen last night and seems brighter this morning so i think that this is going to help
the fire brigade have got to come and check where we store the oxygen (hope his a dishy one) but its easier then having to take her to the hospital every time her stats drop
we are going to get the puppy this afternoon im like a big kid waiting for father christmas to come took mum out to get bed and bowls and toys ect :D she enjoyed this and seems quite excited as well (when she remembers) im hoping he will keep her amused
big family meeting tomorrow to talk things through but we are hoping that having the oxygen on hand when she needs it will help we are all thinking positive we know what a fighter she is and so are we love larivy

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Hello Larivy

I hope you've safely collected the puppy by now. Hopefully will do you both a power of good. I hope the family pow-wow tomorrow is helpful, you do seem to have a supportive family. Also that Mum continues to improve

Take care
Mary
x

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Hi Larivy,you have got a really good professional team caring for you and mum from reading this.That is good because your mum will have excellent support.

I hope that care continues and that your family meeting is a good one.

Now,where is this puppy:):)

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Sorry mum has been feeling poorly; the oxygen hopefully will make her feel better and less weary. What sort of puppy are you getting? Will you be able to post a picture?
Amy

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Cuddle the puppy, cuddle Mum and leave the firemen alone, unless they are a bit Kurt Russell/Alec Baldwin......Backdraft ( brothers in Fire service in USA ... seen it?)Night.x.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger