Mum is definitely on a down turn

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Mum is confused now from when she gets up she does not except this as her home and keeps wanting to go to London where she was born. With her mum and dad
Yesterday and today she has asked me who I am when I tell her she said I've got a Laraine but she won't except it's me:eek:
My brother stayed with her why I went to physio he said she was well confused she asked how long she was going to be here Tonight she was frightened to go to bed she keeps telling me people keep coming in I stayed with her till she went to sleep
I am sure she has no infections (I wish it was) I am getting frightened now I knew this time would come but like everyone you don't want to except it when it does come love larivy

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s tough Laraine and I don`t have any suggestions to help, just sympathy.
Does she know other members of the family? When Dhiren didn`t know me and our house, he always knew Paul and his house.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
She knows my brothers most of the time Sylvia but always knows my sister in laws She knows she has a Laraine but does not see me as her she has asked me if my mum minds me looking after her:eek:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
but does not see me as her she has asked me if my mum minds me looking after her

I do empathies with you as it must be so emotional hard for you in those moments with your mum of un clarity of though xxxx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Larivy

Sorry to hear this about your mum,sending you a(((hug)))and i hope your mum sleeps for you tonight and i hope tomorrow she might not be so confused,hope you are feeling ok take care Marian x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry, Larivy, it must be such a struggle now
Hope you get some sleep and call out for help if and when you need it.
Take care

kazza73

Feb 11, 2009
Perthshire Scotland
I really feel for you:( when I saw mum on Saturday she didn't know who I was talking about when I mentioned dad so I had to talk about him by name which seemed to register better- she seemed to know who I was but couldn't understand my relationship to dad. Today when my dad and sister visited her she didn't know either of them:( when they spoke to her about other members of the family nothing seemed to register with her. She asked to go home (her childhood home) it is as if the past 40 plus years have completely been erased.
This is such a cruel disease.

Sending you lots of love.
K xx

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Feeling for you. Mum used to come and go with recognition so tomorrow may well be better. Fingers crossed and sending love Katherine xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Got to add ....

This is such a cruel disease.

It sure is, but one thing it does not take away is the person

“Feeling “ “Emotions “.

It can have me in tears with remembering, but I read that touch helps holding their hand rubbing their arms.

Now I know from my own experience it did help mum

A touch can mean more than any words can speak.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Larivy, you are not Mum's Laraine...but you care anyway, at least she's not chasing you away. Sleep well and hopefully tomorrow will be better. Love Me.x.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Thank you Margarita I often give mum a cuddle tonight I knelt beside her holding her until she went to sleep I'm to fat to get in her single bed with her:D: she feels safe when you are touching her I .can feel that larivy

kazza73

Feb 11, 2009
Perthshire Scotland
My mum is the same. On Saturday I held her hand, cuddled her + stroked her head (the same as I do with my kids when I'm soothing them to sleep) and it seemed to calm her. My sister said today she repeatedly asked them to 'love' her- they tried to reassure her that we all love her etc. I have explained to my sis that I think when she's asking for 'love' she wants a cuddle/physical contact. I think it makes her feel safe + less frightened.
I hope you + mum both sleep well Larivy + that tomorrow is a better day. Xx