all in one pajamas

kasglass

Feb 15, 2010
wales
Hi mum is in the final stages of vd, the ch have asked us to buy mum the all in one pajamas rather like a romper suit for a baby. The reason why is mum keeps taking all her cloths off and her pad and making a mess:eek:. Has anyone else come across this problem? Mum had been put on new medication to stop her shouting and biting staff this worked for a few weeks but now she is up to her old tricks,getting undressed, shouting for food and attacking people. I visit weekly with my dad and find it very distressing when mum has one of her moods,i was really hoping the medication had worked,itts so distressing for mum, dad, and every one else when she is shouting and waving her arms and legs around i just dont know what to do. I really wish i could walk away and not go back

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Kas, one of the residents in mothers care home has a great habit of lying down on the floor - anywhere - and stripping off. Now i am not sure if they wear pads or not but all the staff do is quickly get to her and help her off the floor and redress her.

I am not aware of anyone being asked to wear an all in one, but others may be along to help.

x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Rather than going with the all in one PJs (since 1) I personally would find them massively too hot and 2) they can't make changes easier) have they considered putting a bathing suit or leotard on her to make it more difficult for her to remove the pad? That would be much easier to wash if it did get soiled as well. Anyway, do they have a source of all in ones that don't zip up the front? The ones I have seen all do, and that's pretty pointless.

(Having said that I did find this http://www.adaptawear.com/Short_sleeve_Body_with_Side_Zip.htm)

Unfortunately I don't think there are many solutions for inappropriate undressing available in the UK, and the ones that there are (in either the US or the UK) may not survive many bouts of institutional washing.

The last time I looked I found very little from UK suppliers that would help with this. Back opening nightdresses are sometimes sold by disability stores as working for this, but In my experience, dresses don't work, period. You can end up with someone with their dress over their heads and tight around their necks.

Part of the problem is, what might be suitable for someone who is bed ridden (see the link I posted above) isn't if they are mobile.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Having looked at the links Katrine provided, I do think the first one provides better options for someone who might actually get out of bed - they look less like PJs. I have never understood why there aren't more options for this sort of clothing in the UK : surely it is very undignified to keep someone in PJs if they are up and about? I recognise though that it's equally undignified to allow a person to undress willy-nilly.

I mean to say - most inappropriate undressers are by definition mobile, otherwise it wouldn't be such a problem. So why can't one find things like this http://www.techforltc.org/product.aspx?id=3493 (for an example) in the UK?

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Kasglas
Try this site
http://medoriscare.co.uk/daywear-ladies-daywear-p-80.html

I used these products for my mum when she was undressing. The quality is not very good, but it does the job and hopefully this stage will pass.

The other thing we did was to look in charity shops for zip up the back tops and then sewed them to Matalan elasticated waisted trousers and so made another all in one, which looked normal.
Hope this helps

good luck