What happens in phase 2

arteangel

Mar 4, 2010
Now in ALmeria, Spain
hi to all of you, sorry for a long absense, things have been changing for me rapidly, although now i have been told that i am starting the transition into phase two of this cursed illness. I am 49, 50!!! hopefully in July, I am a single mum in spain, with a 17yr old daughter.

My question is...., I have let the initial panic go, I am once agin calm, but fighting as hard as ever, have any of you , or are any of you going through this?.. How are you coping, i know are abilities are all so different, and also those of you who are carers, it would be good to hear from you too.

Should i make the break and stat to plan to go back to the uk, as there will be more help and advise ?... leaving my daughter who is quite indepent, to carry on and go to university here in spain, ir do i stay and take my chances, I am about 70 kms from a city, and 30kms from an emergency medical centre.

I know you all have different difficulties, but any advise to help the brain box think in a different way about this subject would be helpful.

with much gratitude to all of you and the website
in love and light
jacquixxxxx

Worried Milly

Feb 19, 2009
Driving ...

Hi ther Jacqui

I am sorry to hear about the progression - my husband is further along than you are and he too is young - 62. what instantly occurs to me is the distances you give for your local town and medical centre - I am concerned about your driving - which I take it you are ? Peter was fine driving in the early stages, but when it progressed he lost his licence. Once day driving, one day not. how would that effect you where you are living.

Perhaps you can stay with your daughter (17 is not very old to be on your own) but move closer ? Stay for a while anyway ?

With love and best wishes
Milly

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
hi arteangel
not quite sure exactly what stage 2 means but lots of support havnt a clue what stage I am at !
you do sound a bit isolated from practical help could you move nearer the city or would you rather come back to the uk anyway
have you got a good network of friends in both places?
Sorry I cant offer much help
Love Sarah

arteangel

Mar 4, 2010
Now in ALmeria, Spain
Thanks you bith foir your replies, I think I was really just needing to sound off, and I believe that i have come to the conclusion at this stage that i just freaked myself out more than i neede too. You are right the driving is something that i have very much slowed down on, when i need to go to the city, hospitqal normally a friend will take me, and it just means if i drive it is only up or doen the mountain, We have no family here in spain, and i have elderly parents in the uk, who are lovely, but that is one reason why i don,t really want to have to depend on them as i know that at times, i can be really horrid,. I feel for a while if i came back to the uk, for good like in January i would like to be able to live in some kind of communal but independant type environment. does this exist?...

I have paid into the uk system for more than 30 years, and never been unemployed ect, until my diagnosis here,, and I really don,t know what phase two involves, but i now realise it is not an overnight thing.

in love and light

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
there are places with warden assisted help or care villages we have one near us in Northampton I'll try and find out a bit more about the concept for you
I am very fortunate that for the last 35 years i have lived in a christian community and I still have an active part to play I feel I am pioneering the way a bit in terms of dementia and like you its easy to scare yourself silly
I try to take life a day at a time
Keeep in touch
Sarah

arteangel

Mar 4, 2010
Now in ALmeria, Spain
Thanks creative sarah,

The last time i lived in the uk it was all around the Oxford area, the last place being (banbury) niot really somewhere i want to go back to. I am so pleased that you are surrounded with support, (however i understand that can still be incredibly lonely at times) Having your faith also makes you stronger and as my dioctor told me today " You are a brave warrior rising up even stronger(in a way) after each fall.

I like you take life one day at a time, but at this time I have to be like a big girl, and do the will, come over and do the divorce thing. Appoint a power of attorney, and as i have always been against, any real form of officialdom, i think i am just in denial, only a little bit, lol:confused:

Thank you once again for your support and any info, will be gratefully received.

rachelhandsaker

May 28, 2011
nottingham
rachel

sorry to hear your dilema , it depends on how much you really want to know without getting upset , my sis is 56 and ive seen her go down hill very rapid in 1 year so i'd be inclined to advice you to come back to the uk in the not to distant future , you could end up being isolated out there ,

arteangel

Mar 4, 2010
Now in ALmeria, Spain
Hi to all of you, and thank you, I have focused very much on this now, and have become relaxed in myself that I will be returning, and within 6months definately. So I have taken a deep breath and a step forward to that unknown future, as hey I know the past cannot be retireived:D.

Going off to enjoy the rest of this beatuiful sunny day.

in love and light.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
On the times I've reached or approached crisis point in my own life,the absolute disaster I'd expected hasn't materialised or I've somehow been able to get over it. I hope the future for you will be much brighter than you fear and applaud your decision to make the most of every good moment regardless. Best wishes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandrah1952