Sylvia in hospital

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to hear that Sylvia is unwell, but pleased that she is responding to treatent.

Thinking of you both.

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hi All, Good today syl taken off ABs, and with the help of two physio"s we got syl out of bed after a week and got her to walk down a ward and up a flight of stairs which she managed in her own time with help so the physio"s said they would try to get syl to do it again tomorrow:) So i may be able to get her home next week. Once again thank you for all your good wishs to syl:)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just catching up with your news and its lovely to hear how well Sylvia is doing now. I do hope you can get her home next week.
Take care yourself.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Tom - Sylvia sounds as though she is making good progress. You must be feeling so pleased and relieved. I do hope all continues to go well and that she will be able to be back home with you again next week.

Love, Nan XXX

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hi my friends Sylvia is comeing home today the pneumonia has gone and syl is getting her mobility back thanks to the physios and nurseing staff who have syl up and walking every day, it is only when you go into hospitals and see what the staff do you come to realise what angels they are and how hard they work.:cool:

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Oh, Tom, I am so pleased for you both.
Some nurses really are brilliant, aren't they. I found this when Brian was in hospital a few weeks ago.
I hope you will be having a little gentle celebration when your dear Sylvia is safely home with you again.
Love, Nan XXX

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Oh Tom, how wonderful for you both.

I am sure you are up and about organising everything for her safe return.

So delighted to hear the nursing staff were as good as we all hope for.

Well done to all - especially to Sylvia to battle through that infection and make such a good recovery.

xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Tom

I`m so pleased Sylvia has recovered from her pneumonia and is coming home. Well done the hospital. :)

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hi all, syl home from hospital yesterday all was fine til bedtime syl had forgotten how to go upstairs took 25 mins to go up 13 steps she kept sitting down on stair and would not move:eek: I have ended up with strained back trying to lift her, so not looking forward to this evenings mission. But this morning she came down fine with a little help from me, so i do not how this will turn out:confused:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I hope you manage better tonight Tom but if her trouble getting up the stairs continues could you look into some sort of stair lift I wonder?

Anyway I hope all goes well for you both this bedtime.

xxTinaT

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hi all, tried to take Syl up to loo at 7-00 o clock got in middle of stair Syl stopped would go no were up or down so called our daughter who came round and with a lot of coaxing we got syl down again and let her have a sit down, then after quarter hour tried again, with Karen holding her hands and me behind we managed to get her to the bathroom, then our daughter said she would give syl a shower and put her to bed. this she did and by 8-30 syl was in bed:)this afternoon i rang our SW and toldher i was haveing trouble getting syl upstairs she told me i should ring the GP and ask for a referral for pyhsio!! I asked her if she knew anything about dementia and syl had forgotten how to get upstairs and physio could not bring this back, so she said she would call tomorrow and see syl,It is impossible for syl to have a conversation now:eek:I just feel abandoned as i know i cannot care for syl now as i would wish to do the pneumonia has taken so much away:eek:I just feel so lost now.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hang on in there, Tom.

Don’t want to give false hope, but you may know my mum recovered some ‘skills’ at one point once out of hospital and given time and TLC. You also have your own health to think about – don’t dare put pressure on that back else you really won’t be able to manage .... (sorry, sound like I am nagging you!:eek:) .......

This may be the watershed you have dreaded – it may not be. But please, don’t feel alone – you know you have so many friends who admire you and adore you! You know where I am – if you don’t get to me first – if it’s only an ear to talk to and don’t be afraid to ask for ANYTHING.

Stern stuff in Bolton water ;) – will drag you through this by the gumboots if necessary. Whatever the outcome. Never feel alone.

My love to you and Syl. Hope you manage a peaceful night and the morning finds things looking at least a little more positive for you.

Love, Karen, x