It's been a while ...

Grace&JaneysMum

Jan 18, 2011
Dorset
I dip in and out of the forum every now and again, mainly because I keep forgetting my password which is ironic! Before sending this post, I have read several others and am currently letting out all those tears that I leave bottled up for weeks on end - how does anyone cope with this unfair disease? Dad has alzhiemers, he's 72 and was diagnosed 18 months ago. It's getting much worse and my mum, who is not well herself, is his carer. They have good days and bad days and I don't know what to do to help. Mum is fiercely independent but is coming around to the idea, with dad, that a day centre once a week would help them both. I think it's the knowing that nothing will improve and that the worst is to come - my lovely dad, I feel, as I am sure most affected by this do, that I will have to greave for him twice. There is no answer is there - just to try to cope and support each other along the way - thank you, Grace and Janey's mum x

xanadu777

Apr 2, 2011
Dyfed
Hi Grace&janey'smum, never hesitate to come to the forun when you have a need. It's right what you say. There is no answer, just love, care and understanding not only for the sufferer but for yourself as well combined with feelings of guilt, disappointment, frustration and anger. It's not an easy path we tread as carers but it's as satisfying as anything else I've ever done. Take care and we'll see you again soon.

Grace&JaneysMum

Jan 18, 2011
Dorset
Dear xanadu777

Thank you for replying - I was letting it all out as it were, having logged back in after an few months absence and reading others similar and touching experiences. Thank you for your kind words, I know what you mean though, about being satisfying. As sad as it is, it humbles you and brings you back down to earth - we are all here for such a short time and looking at dad as he is now, it has made me remember what a great father he has been in my life. Will be in touch with Talking Point again soon - best wishes x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello
Im glad your mum is coming round to the idea of a day centre for your dad, your mum does need regular breaks especialy as her own health is not to good

sometimes all you can do is gently chip away.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
me again:) next time you have to log in, If you tick, think it remember me, or keep me logged in. you wont have to log in again , so wont have trouble with password again
hope this helps

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
me again:) next time you have to log in, If you tick, think it remember me, or keep me logged in. you wont have to log in again , so wont have trouble with password again
hope this helps

their probably is a way to do this when your already on here but Ive not found out how

Grace&JaneysMum

Jan 18, 2011
Dorset
Dear lin1

Thank you for your message - I have used my usual password this time, so hopefully shan't forget again - thank you :)

Grace&JaneysMum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinydaffodil