carers ??

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
hi alfjess
i hope you stamp you feet and make a fuse becouse someone needs to .it dosent give me eny plesure hearing you story. it just makes me feel sick.

sorry about spelling hope you understand.

Hi Miss cool

Thanks for taking an interest in this thread. Spelling doesn't matter, I am not a great speller.
When first we found out about this carer's grooming and manipulation, we all felt sick

We are trying our best to make a fuss, but it is hard going.

Never mind maybe you will hear about it on STV news, my nephew is a producer and he thinks this could be a story worth persuing, but we are awaiting results from The care company and social work.
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well
love
Alfjess

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
priorities

Hi everyone and thanks for your interest in this thread, but to-day has made me forget about my "crusade"

My Grandson, on his way to college, was involved in a serious car accident this morning and had to be cut out of his car, which was burning and was then air lifted to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow, incase, he had sustained a head injury, he was unconsious
He is lucky to be alive, although he has a couple of broken bones and an eye injury, which might need surgery and is in the high dependency unit in the hospital, we are thanking God that to-night he is here to tell the tale. At the moment he cant move his legs, but hopefully this will improve with time. the scans and xrays showed nothing wrong.

I would like to try to do something to protect the vurnerable from manipulating carers and incompetant social workers, but I am sorry, my concerns to-day are for my grandson.

If anyone has any ideas how we could protect our relatives, when I get over to-days trauma ie. when Grandson improves, I would be willing to help
Thanks everyone

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Alfjess - I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you, your grandchild and his parents.

My own son managed to roll and total my car in the autumn, but was fortunate to walk away with minor bruising , so I have a small inkling.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Of course, Alfjess ..... I am so sorry to hear this news. Sure we all know sometimes something we are passionate about is taken over by something else we are personally even more passionate about ....

My love to your grandson and all the family ... this doesn’t sound like minor bruising and HDU is certainly the right place for appropriate obs and care ......

Please know people are quietly campaigning on non-specific concerns around the issues you have raised ....... individual stories do help campaigns ...... but only when and if you and your family are ready ....

My thoughts with you all – please update us if and when you can,

Much love, Karen, x

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Your grandson has to be your priority Alfjess, I hope very much that he makes a full and rapid recovery. Life can suddenly change can't it.

You know we are all here to support you and, although it might seem unlikely that you would want to be here over the next few weeks, I hope that you post in the tea room if you would like to tell us about how your grandson is, I trust this doesnt sound as if I am telling you what to do!

Love to you all, and as you said, thank god your grandson is here still.

Pippa x

Last edited:

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Alfjess,

I'm so very sorry to read about your Grandson. HDU's certainly one of the safest places to be, so I hope he'll be improving soon.

Take care of yourself meanwhile, and please update us when you can.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Oh Alfjess, just read your post and am so sorry to hear about your grandson, what a dreadful shock - I do hope he will be OK. We will be thinking of you.

As Karen has said, we will continue to campaign and every ounce of effort will go towards helping to make changes.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
I read this thread with interest, as a colleague of mine, and his family, were actually embroiled in a legal dispute with a so-called friend of his mother's. As well as showing signs of dementia, she had other heart-related health issues, and had to have regular check-ups. This (male) "friend" would regularly cancel appointments on her behalf, and would arrive unannounced at her home and whisk her away for a "day out". Her family had made arrangements for her to be assessed for dementia, and this man did his utmost to sabotage these, too, saying that she was totally capable of making up her own mind as to whether or not she wanted to marry him! This was his goal, as he believed that she was sitting on a fortune (not true, in fact). He had a cohort, a woman who actually worked for Adult Services, who quite outrageously flouted all the rules. One week, whilst my colleague was on holiday, he had arranged for his mum to stay at a care home, as he wanted to ensure she was safe from this man. No one but the family knew where she was (how awful that they had to do this?). However, the man turned up there, saying he'd been told by the family that he could take her to London for the day. All lies, of course. Clearly, his cohort had managed to find out where she was, and had told him. Gross misconduct, in my eyes. Very sadly, the mother died at the end of February this year, so this man thankfully never got his way. He'd taken out legal proceedings against my colleague's family, saying that they were infringing her human rights, and falsely claiming she had dementia and so on and so on. Evil.

Hi Hollysmum
What a horror story and so stressful for the family.
Why do these things happen, where are the checks??
Social services are a service company and apart from the few, are useless (cant think outside the box)
As we have found the Care Commission can't investigate, so therefore are only auditors.
Where is the security department within the system??

Sorry on a rant again
Alfjess

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi All

Thanks for all your good wishes for my grandson.
He is very very lucky. He is alive.
He had operations yesterday, was in theatre for 3 + hours. He has a plate in his arm and his other arm is in a sling, because he has damaged his clavicle. He is still on oxygen, but he managed to move his legs a little to-day, thank God, we were really worried about his immobility.
His eye had very deep cuts, but that was also repaired when he was in theatre. He may have to have skin grafts in the future.
So all in all he is doing very well and we are very thankful, that all his injuries will mend. He may not be as handsome as he was, but what the hell, he is alive.

Meanwhile, the care company owner has phoned, saying the carer, whom we thought had been sacked, would like a meeting with us, to try to reach a compromise!! Needless to say she got short shrift, because we were too concerned with my grandson.
If there is a campaign regarding this issue and I can help, please let me know what I can do
Any further developments I will post them

Thanks again everyone