Care complaint

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Well done Imac.

Is there no way the CC could put something on their website to let people know the CH are being investigated?

I know of people who are currently in the process of making complaints/have had complaints upheld and there is nothing on the website yet... The CC recently changed to the SCSWIS so maybe they are still updating records...

There should be some way of flagging it up as other people may be unaware of the complaints and consider choosing the CH.

When my family were given a care service provider by SS we checked their reports & complaints record and they had no complaints listed. It was a while later before the complaints appeared on the website... and they had been upheld before we received the service. It would have been helpful to know before our relative received the service.

I think it is an area that may need to be looked at.

EmJ

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Just once, it would be lovely to read that all our carers were singing from the same songsheet, whoever they belong to, be it CH SS or family....Just once!!!!!I'm lucky, as yet most of my battles are minor skirmishes, I hope I can be as strong when the real war starts. Night. Love Maureen.x.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Really glad to hear that your mum is doing well in her new home, Imac, and that you have made good progress with the CC. :)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
First up, well done imacgirl. Diverting slightly, sorry, to EmJ’s point. My mother’s last care home (wonderful, could barely fault it in my eyes) had a couple of complaints lodged against it under ‘old CQC’ days, one of which sparked an emergency inspection (as was then) .... outcome was they were malicious allegations by a disgruntled ex-member of staff and not substantiated. :eek:

So, if complaints ‘outstanding’ were to be logged anywhere for public viewing it could be misleading and unfair. Unless and until a complaint is upheld – and I appreciate it can take an awful long time to get there in some cases – and there is no area of doubt – could this lead to the possibility of libel/slander? (or maybe that’s how to ultimately deal with disgruntled ex-employees?) But a good home’s reputation could be damaged in the meantime? And I fear if complainers/complainants knew their concerns (or allegations) might become public (even if anonymously) it would deter people from pursuing small scale or humungous scale concerns when it is absolutely just to do so?

Again, well done imacgirl – both for your mum, getting her care sorted, and for those others who have needed your voice amongst those to speak up for them. Every respect for keeping going on it.

Love, Karen, x

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
:eek: Thank you all once again, this sort of support is what allows those of us that have to fight against the system of indecent care to carry on.

I struggled when my father went through this, but in that case, the police and the procurator fiscal fought my fight along with the CC, but you know what sadly that care home is still up and running and still having just as many complaints!!!

Sometimes i wonder why i went through 3 and a half hours of police interviews the night after my father died and four meetings with the procurator fiscal!!!!!

Thank you all again.

xx

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Hi Karen,

Yes I see your point that it would be unfair to services or workers that may be found to have done no wrong.

Some care homes (in serious cases) do stop taking new residents whilst being investigated.

In our case and in the cases of other people I know, the complaints "were upheld" but weren't put on the website until later. We were given a service by SS and were completely unware of the upheld complaints. We would not have allowed the service to "care" for our relative had we been made aware of the upheld complaints. We soon realised they were not at all suitable.

Take care,
EmJ