Public March

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Save Our Services

“What kind of a society are we when we let businesses use loopholes to avoid billions of pounds in tax? When we let banks which taxpayers had to bail out, give obscene bonuses to executives?

“We are letting the poorest and most vulnerable bear the burden of government cuts. It isn’t right.

“I’m not going to stand back and let it happen.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/save-o...sband-can-t-die-with-dignity-115875-22988004/

Well done, Tina, an excellent and very moving article.

Ken will be proud of you!

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Thank you both and thanks for the link Sylvia!

When I read it myself in black and white I realise just what a strain all this puts on me. But I do want the public and the politicians to read it and think about what is happening. I hope in my small way that by going public it has helped not just Ken and myself but a lot of others in similar situations.

You made me smile JPG saying Ken would be proud of me. He is such a quiet, gentle man and I'm such a big gob!!!

xxTinaT

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello TinaT , Have just read your "News " via Grannie G 's link what you said was very good & i agree with what you said & also what JPG said :):)

Question : Had G Brown had not had to use OUR MONEY to Save the Banks etc etc would the Governtment not had to make the Cuts ? Please Note am NOT taking sides or any thing ( with Labour or Cons ) me not a real Poltical Person . Just wonder that is all

Am with you all the WAY Tina on this & hope Ken 's Home is not closed

You can stick a Banner up for my Dad as well please when you go Marching ! ! ( Tho Dad is only starting with his Dementia what is going to happen if he needs help with Funding later ....... & the money has been cut :(

Oh yes the Cut's have started see Fred's story , a bit on the end , our Local P C T know "Have a Banned List " :(:(:( This List is for all Dementia N Home's / with Special Care Units that the P C T WILL not help Fund to help Families / like Fred :(:(

All Best Wishes for your March :):)

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Thats a great artical Tina,well done .you can be sure that YOU do make a difference ,i am so proud to know you ,good luck with your march , again such a brave thing to do , when you are in constant pain from your knee op , next time there is a march i will be with you , perhaps take a wheel chair and give each other turns haha.
love ange xxxx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I keep filling in the on line UNISON form for disabled marchers Angela but it keeps rejecting me because I can't type in a vehicle registration number. I'm going on a coach for goodness sake!!

Will never manage the long march but hope somehow to get on the shorter route.

Someone e mailed me telling me it would be fun and to have a good time! I'm getting up at 4 am, have to be on the coach for 5 am, take my own food & drink and then march through the streets of London. Might have thoroughly enjoyed it as a young woman but not now I'm a decrepid old ruin! I'm going because I am compelled to do - I wouldn't be me if I didn't - and I have no other alternative!

xxTinaT

Last edited:

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
After reading your article any words I say will be superfluous
You certainly told 'em how it is
Congratulations and best wishes for your march
jimbo 111

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Tina, I've only just read the link. What an amazing article and what courage you have to speak out like that xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It has all been worth it. The Local Council press office have issued a statement today saying that THERE ARE NO PLANS TO CLOSE THE HOME! What joy that was and what a load off my shoulders.

xxTinaT

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Reading the news this morning reminds me that TinaT and possibly other members of TP will be taking part in the mass demonstration ,in London , against cuts in services,
It is disturbing to read of the possible violence planned by
radical groups.
I am sure all members will be grateful for those people like Tina who are there for their genuine beliefs on the welfare of
those who need our care
I personaly send my best wishes and hope they stay safe
jimbo 111

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Stay safe Tina..... piccie of you on Sky News app on my iPhone today... good mention of fight for dementia care too ;)

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm marching!

I had misread this article and thought Tina wasn't going! Otherwise I would have contacted her. oh well. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get 'kettled' and that there are enough toilets en route!

This is why I am marching:

I'm marching - for all sorts of reasons - for keeping services for old people like day centres and care homes (that are being closed down all over the country), for keeping services for young people, like youth clubs and counselling (that are losing funding all over the country), and for the NHS. Which would not survive the plans that this government have for it.

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Wow Tina what a lot you have achieved, your article was excellent. Such good news about Ken's home. I hope the march doesn't take too much out of you. Well done.
Bastan xxx