chc and de scion support tool meeting

timthumb

Dec 6, 2009
west sussex
i had meeting with the mdt and completed a dst they have recommended dad for continuing health care

off to panel next week .......
i do hope that this encourages people to get there checklists done and fight for their relative regarding the issues many have touched on , on tp

tim and ernie

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Tim, hi
I do hope that it's good news next week when the panel meet, congratulations for getting the forms and meetings done to this point, well done you!
With best wishes from Jo

timthumb

Dec 6, 2009
west sussex
Many PCTs use a panel to ensure consistency and quality of decision making. However, a panel should not fulfil a gate-keeping function, and nor should it be used as a financial monitor. Only in exceptional circumstances, and for clearly articulated reasons, should the multidisciplinary team’s recommendation not be followed. A decision not to accept the recommendation should never be made by one person acting unilaterally."

i believe this is the march 2010 framework advice i will be holding them to it as much as is possible
tim

grobertson62

Mar 7, 2011
Sheffield
Hello Tim

only a few week since we went thro the DST for dad it was really hard seeing everything laid out in black & white

it then went to the panel who decided they wanted more information

so it got beefed up & went back to the panel again

again they wanted more evidence. we were starting to think we needed to wheel dad down there to see how bad he was
But it was passed & we got fill CHC with nursing care

I know how stressful it can be. so chin up & make sure you paint the picture at the worst. Don't give up

GILL

timthumb

Dec 6, 2009
west sussex
i hope it goes through for dads sake .......

it is when you are at your most low in some ways that makes the process most difficult

but i do encourage anyone who reads the chc framework if they it applies to their loved one to go through the process