Journey's End

Dave W

Jul 3, 2005
Bucks
It's been quite some time since I posted here, for which my apologies: Mum's journey had become a slow but gentle one that we knew had an inevitable destination. Yesterday afternoon, as we sat with her and I held her hand, her journey finally ended - thankfully very peacefully. Her favourite flowers were in a vase at her bedside, and her favourite music (which she loved dancing to with my Dad) played quietly. I cried my heart out, before realising that I was glad for her that the last few years were finally over.

I wanted to thank everyone at TP for all their comments, suggestions, advice - and just for listening when I needed tht most: TP was the single biggest source of help, encouragement, support and advice that I've had in helping my partner and I help Mum and to keep ourselves going too, and I'll be eternally grateful.

When the dust has settled a little here, I hope to be able to contribute and to offer what support or advice I can to others here. In the meantime, best wishes from both of us to everyone here on your own journeys.

Dave

janice1

Sep 22, 2009
up north
still on the journey with my mum

i was sad to hear your news. your mum had a peaceful release, take heart in that there is no more suffering for her, how heart breaking for you. warm wishes janice

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Dave, hi
My sincere condolences to you for the loss of your mum, it sounds as if you and she had a peaceful time at the end for which I am truly grateful.
Take good care of yourself over the coming days and weeks and we will appreciate your help and support in the future.
With kind regards from Jo

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dave I am so sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your partner - I know you did everything to make this a peaceful passage for your Mother, and that's about all anyone can do.

Love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Dave, I'm sorry to hear the sad news about your mother. Please accept my condolences.
Deborah

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Dave,
I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like a peaceful end to a difficult journey. I'm glad you could post so eloquently. My Dad is still on his very bumpy road, but I hope to be able to report such a good ending one day.
I'll be thinking of you in the days ahead.
Love Sue

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Dave

Please accept my sincere condolences. It was good to know you were comforted by the manner of your mother`s passing.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Please accept my sincere condolences on your sad loss. How wonderful that her passing was so peaceful x

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
So sorry to hear your sad news, will be thinking of you. As you say TP is unbeatable and has gone on helping since I lost my Mum.
Take care Katherine x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Dave, so sorry to hear of your mum's passing, but how lovely that you were there. It's so hard for us being left behind, relieved as we are that our loved ones' terrible journeys are over.

Thinking of you and your family xx

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
My condolences to you, and all who loved your mum.
I am very glad that the end was so peaceful - it is all any of us would wish for, and will be a great comfort to you in the time to come.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My deepest sympathy to you at this sad time.

Also I thank you for a lovely message at the end of your Mum's journey whilst we are travelling ours with the help of TP.

Quoting your 'when the dust has settled' please come back to TP when you are ready.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Dave, You and your family had thanked your Mum for the gift of life and love by tending and caring for her during her long,final illness. She repaid you all by leaving you with the memory of a peaceful parting. I know you will miss her but she is still a part of you all. With sympathy Maureen.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Dave,
I remember your posts from years ago, and the difficult times that you had. So pleased that mum's passing was peaceful, and that she died surrounded by the smells and sounds that she loved, being held by the person she loved.
No doubt you will now enter that strange place of being relieved that mum's struggle is over, but saddened that physically she is no more. take care.

Love Helen

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Dave

Its good to hear from you but i'm sorry its in such sad circumstances.

You once replied to a post of mine over 4 years ago when my partner died saying "I was blessed with a treasure chest of memories" well.....I'm sure you will be too honey.

And when the pain of your loss eases a little and you feel able to post, you'll have friends here to help you through the low bits.

My thoughts are with you and your partner at this sad time.

Love Alex x