A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Pauline we are not allowed too take pictures. One reason is other people's children and the other reason is

Copyright. :D

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Oh of course Sylvia, I remember now, my daughter in law couldn't take pics of our granddaughter when she was in a little ballet concert, much to our disappointment. I do understand why of course. Love Pauline x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
and then you see that ghastly video of those little girls dancing to "all the single ladies" and realise that often, people who run these things have absolutely no idea about, well anything.

I tell you - worst years of my life when DD was taking dance lessons. Tasteless, expensive costumes and recitals that went on for more than 6 hours. Shudder.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Pauline we are not allowed too take pictures. One reason is other people's children and the other reason is

Copyright. :D

That made me giggle. Where do they have the trademark stamped? ;)

I hope you have a wonderful time and that Harry is excellent, as always.

Wish him luck from us.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Wow Sylvia...according to the stats this thread has had over 1 million viewers. I bet you never imagined that when you started! Thank you so much Love Maureen.x.x.
Picture courtesy of graur razvan ionut.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS

I think it is marvellous because it really does tell the story of both you Sylvia and Dhiren:) The changes to both Dhiren and yourself are all encompassed within those 1 million pages and there will be more to come!!

Love

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Sylvia,
I dont post here anymore but I still have a look every week
I had been watching your thread views over the last couple of months...and now its at a million...that must be a world record, you continue to raise awareness and that is what matters

Love from Jo

JayGee

Aug 23, 2009
kilmarnock ayrshire
Hi Sylvia
What about that indeed!! Our own millionaire!!
You are an inspiration to us all and such a kind and helpful lady.
Even though you are still suffering on the journey through Dhiren's dementia,
you have plenty of time for others and their troubles.
You have been there for me many times and I thank you.
Well done Sylvia
love June x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you very much everyone.

Thank you very much everyone. The length of this Thread is by accident rather than design and it wouldn`t have lasted so long or been viewed by so many without your support, your interest and your imput.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yesterday one of the carers conducted a questionnaire with residents. She wasn`t sure who had compiled the questionnaire but it was part of her in service training.

The questionnaire was not worded very well. It was not precise enough for older people with confused minds. However it proved well worthwhile for the amount of laughter the struggle to answer the questions generated, and residents did come up with some answers.

The first resident who was questioned was very deaf. She is 97 and was still able to read the questions, but because they were so ambiguous, really struggled with the answers and her `discussion` was very loud.

This irritated Dhiren who hates noise and he became agitated and shouted at her to `Shut up.` Luckily she didn`t hear and I was able to explain why she was shouting and he was sorry. Sadly because of his memory he was only sorry for seconds and I had to repeat the reassurance.

The carer was going to question Dhiren later as she didn`t want to interrupt my visit. I wanted to hear how he responded so invited her to ask him there and then.

I was quite please with the way he responded to her .

B `Can I ask you some questions Mr. G? `
D `Of course you can.`
B `What time do you like to get up in the morning?`
D `Half past six.`
B `What time do you like to go to bed at night?`
D `Half past six.`
B `At night time? You like to go to bed later than that. What time do you like to go to bed?
D `Half past six.`
B `What do you like to eat?`
D `Food.`
B `What is your favourite food?`
D `All food.`
B `What do you like to drink?`
D `A nice glass of wine.`
B` What else do you like to drink? Tea? Coffee? Juice? Hot chocolate?`
D `Just a nice glass of wine.`

And so it went on. With a bit of prompting from both of us, we got some quite accurate answers.
However unsuitably the questions were phrased, asking them provided some quality contact time.

When the questions were over Dhiren was exhausted. He told me he wanted to sleep so I kissed him goodbye and took my leave.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren was in his own little world today, contented, calm but delusional.

D 'Have you seen my mother?'
S No.. I keep phoning and writing but I get no answer.'
D 'Me too.'
S 'Your nails are nice.'
D 'I did them today.'
S 'They look really lovely.'
D 'I've got a little baby girl. She is in hospital.'
S Is she poorly?'
D 'No. She's all right. She's just in hospital.'
S 'What is her name? '
D 'Dhiren L-- G----. ' (his name)
S ' Fancy you having a little baby.'
He smiled.
D She's not a baby.'
S 'How old is she?'
D 'I don't know.'
And so it continued, real but unreal. But he was content.

Status
Not open for further replies.