Fruit Drinks

Stella

Sep 23, 2006
Dorset
My mother who is 82 and lives with me is in the final stages. She cannot chew very well and drinks hardly anything so it is difficult to find nutrition for her. Thankfully she loves bananas, yoghurts and soft desserts. I recently discovered AdeZ fruit drinks which she loves, as they are smooth and sweet, but are very nutritious. I may be wrong but, since finding this, she seems more alert and I have been able to get her out for short walks so, if anyone else has similar problems, it's worth a try. Any other suggestions?

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Stella,
Thanks for that - are the drinks available in supermarkets? I will try and get some for mum.
Love Helen

Just noticed you are new to TP - Welcome.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I buy them from Sainsbury's.

My mother also had the nutri-drinks which the district nurses used to bring, until they suddenly decided on the 20th April that she was "so much better!" I think she drank them because she liked the nurses.

Lila

Stella

Sep 23, 2006
Dorset
Hi Helen
Yes, new today. Hope you get this as I'm not sure how it works. I first found them in Co-Op but now in Tesco's and I think Sainsbury's do them. They are disitributed in the UK by Unilever and are £1.69/litre but well worth it for the nutrients. If you do a Google search type in AdeZ. Good luck.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Stella,
Yes I got it, you are doing just fine! How long has your mum been ill? Does she have any mobility? (Didn't know if 'getting her out' meant walking or in a wheelchair) My mum is on a soft diet - enjoyed fish pie the other night; can only cope with soft scrambled egg, if it is overcooked she starts to choke; sausages, meat etc are all minced and mixed up with mash and gravy. She eats slowly, but still has a good appetite. Enjoys puddings - well they seem to go down more quickly. Does at times have nutri drinks to try and maintain her body weight. My mum is now in a Nursing Home. I will pop to oneof the stores that you mentioned and try and get some of the juice.
Love Helen

currywurst

Jan 29, 2006
Just doing my on-line shopping as thought I would try some of these drinks for my mum after seeing this thread and notice they are bogof (buy one get one free) in Sainsbury's if any one is interested!

Also wanted to add that my mum also has trouble with chewing and swallowing. Some things she likes are semolina particularly when mixed with these organic fruit purees I buy from Sainsbury's, they are aimed at children I think but I like them as they are unsweetened and count as part of mum's five a day. They are good also mixed with porridge. I also make a lot of soup for mum as it can be blended to a really smooth consistency and is a good way of making sure she gets some nutrition. I also give her drinks, soup horlicks etc with a 20ml syringe as she seems to take it so much better this way, I tell her it's medicine, she always liked medicine :eek: