Mom passed away

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Dear Friends,
It has been years now but Mom is finally at peace. She has had so many close calls but has been so tough and resilient. One day she just stopped eatting or drinking. She eventually developed pneumonia and passed away very peacefully.
At her memorial I spoke and told everyone not to think that her life was tragic because she brought joy to those who took care of her by always smiling and laughing with them.
It is strange to feel both relieved and sad. We are just beginning to experience life without the feeling of an anvil hanging over us all of the time.
Thank you all for the years of support and friendship you have given to me!
With love,
Debbie

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Debbie,
It's always lovely to hear from you but I'm so sorry that today it is due to your sad news.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family and I hope you continue to look in once in a while.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Oh Debbie,

What a long and winding journey you and your family have been on! My sincere condolences on your loss.

I am glad to hear that her passing was peaceful. It's entirely natural to feel both relieved and sad, but it's lovely to hear that you are able to look back on the positives in her life.

Take care,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Debbie,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I know just what you mean about relief and sadness combined.

Please take care of yourself.

Love

shauna

Sep 10, 2010
Sorry to hear your sad news
Take care and be good to yourself
Shauna xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Debbie, thank you for sharing the news of your Mom's passing. I am glad for her sake that she has escaped the clutches of this awful disease and hope that, in time, the memories of the healthy Mom you lost will overtake those of the last few years. Send us a note occaisionally if you ever have time, I think that there are some of us who will benefit from knowing that there can be a good release from the suffering. Take care, Maureen.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Debbie, sorry to hear this news, but glad the way you are embracing it. Not that I would expect anything less.

You gave so much of your wisdom to the likes of me on TP over the years. Your mother’s journey has left some legacy. Thank you (and her).

God bless you, love, Karen, x

McK

Sep 13, 2005
Pgh. Pa. USA
Peace at last

Dear Debbie- First of all I want to express my deepest condolences to you and your family. Peace is something we all yearn for and knowing from your posts, how you cared for your mom during all of the years, she attained peace at last.
Love & Prayers to you and your family.

McK

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Please accept my sincere condolences. I too know what the extremes of feeling are at this time, the sadness and the relief. Wishing you and your family strength and comfort in the coming days. Deborah x

Dee

Mar 23, 2005
Shropshire
Dear Debbie

So sorry to hear of your news - you were the first person to PM me when I first joined TP and I have never forgotten your kindness during those dark days when my mum was first diagnosed.

May your dear mum rest in peace after her long struggle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455