Trev had another Siezure today, but back home now

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Trev had a siezure well i think he did, was not in lounge when it took place and he did not cry out as usual, but as I took his lunch in was shocked to find him leaning to right with mouth definatley drooping, and frothing, dialled 999, and record time 3 mins paramedic, who were convinced trev had had a stroke, I was not, then 3 ambulance team, 2 agreed, so I said ok, must take your advice and he was blue lighted, Trev had CT scan, non conclusive, we went to ward and I can only say that the Treatment Trev was given and the above duty care shown to me makes me proud of our health service, two different opinions, stroke may be maybe not, but was it worth puttimg Trev through something at different hospital that would not make any difference to Trev s wellbeing.I and doctor thought not, Doctor said is there any chance you can get Trev home off this ward because the greater risk to him is all the riff infections here, So at 9 pm we brought him home in wheelchair taxi and the the lovely taxi driver assisted me, although I had been told he would not be able to. so glad silly rules can be broken., He has just eaten pork chop and is sleeping soundly, funny thing is I would not have minded a night on ward, it was so hot, might have achieved the illusive sleep of last few weeks. Had contacted office for carers not to come, but they had not been told, and had turned up in our abscence, . !the only positive apart from my man being ok is that this episode dragged me out of the doldrums, I switch to a different mode at these times and snap out of self pity which is a real positive and makes me appreciate having my man still here to cuddle and sniff tonight., just hope I can have sweet dreams tonight after the last few nights nightmares. I Know I am a bit odd but it takes a drama to make me take stock of what is important. goodnight Love Pam

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Oh Pam, sorry you have had this worry tonight but so glad you felt the care was good. The taxi driver sounds like a diamond too, good that you came across him. Lots of hugs and hoping for a good night's rest for you tonight. xx:)

ceetee

Nov 18, 2010
Bedfordshire
Dear Pam,

sorry to hear about Trev but glad that he is with you. Hope you get some good sleep. Good night! Ceetee xx.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Pam

You and your Trev are a very special couple. I`m glad you have him home with you again. Sleep well, both of you. xx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Pam - Whatever it was that your dear Trev experienced at lunch-time to-day, seizure or stroke, I am so glad to see that you were able to bring him home this evening. What a supremely sensible sounding doctor on the ward, suggesting you get him away from any possible infections.

And so now you have him home again to cuddle up to when you go to bed. I hope the hustle and bustle of the last few hours do not keep you awake and that you have some Sweet Dreams.

Night-night,
Love, Nan XXX

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Do much cuddling and sniffing and enjoy.......I miss that soooo much. Care home destroy those special smells. xxx.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello dear Pam, sorry to read about yesterday's adventures. :(
Thinking of you today and hoping that Trev is soon feeling better. A big hug to you both. x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
So sorry to read about your Trev .
I too think you and the doc were right to bring Trev home and would have done the same myself.
Love and hugs to you

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I hope you and Trev slept well, Pam.
and snap out of self pity which is a real positive and makes me appreciate having my man still here to cuddle

I doubt whether anyone think you full of self pity - you come out smiling through all these difficulties. Its good to hear you found the best of our health service.

May today be calm and easy for you.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pam,

I'm another one who has woken to your news. You are one really special woman and I am not at all surprised that you are able to work with everyone that you come across. I could just see you there discussing things with the doctor at the hospital and the taxi driver:)

Now about your lovely man. I am so glad he has you Pam. I can't bear to think what his life would have been like without you. I am glad he is home and was gobsmacked when I read that he'd managed to eat a pork chop:D Give him a kiss on his cheek from me please.

You have friends Pam. People who think the world of you. Reach out if you need to;)

Love and a big (HUG) xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Pam

Another traumatic day, and once again you've coped with it and come out smiling!:) I have to say, I've never once seen any sign of self-pity in your posts, only concern for your dear man.

I hope Trev is OK today, and that you both managed some sleep last night.

Love,

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Pam, hi
We are just singing along to Rock my Soul by Peter Paul and Mary, oh and I was doing the actions too but now I'm here with you and they are getting on with the three part harmony on their own :)
So sorry to hear about your adventures yesterday but glad that you managed to get home safely and with some help, why have wheelchair taxis if the drivers can't help, silly question.
I hope today is calmer and you both slept well.
Take good care of yourself and I hope that black dog stays away from your door.
With kindest regards from Jo

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Hello Pam...another hill to climb and come down again..you have coped so well with everything that has happened, if there was any self pity in your post, you would be well deserving of it, but, of course, there is none of that, just a very loving, caring and sensible wife.

Enjoy your cuddles with your Trev.

My Trev being an awkward pickle at present and wont have carers in to give me a break, so he gone into the Home today just for a day..I am so pleased i have that safety net.

I hope you both have a period of peace now and more pork chops!!

love
Bronwen x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Thanks everyone for your much appreciated support yet again. you will never know how much it means to me to know you lot are out there supporting me like a warm shouder to lean on Last night Trev started coughing and it continued today so called GPout, he has a very crackly chest, appears to have aspirated fliiid on his right side during the siezurer and is now on anti biotics, so lets hope they do their magic. he does look ill cannot believe the change in a couple of days, from looking so healthy on Wednesday.. just making him some stew to give him strength to fight this ., just burnt my tongue cause i cannot resist testimg every time i walk past the hob,hoping for a bit of calm and maybe some beauty sleep.I am
looking very haggard of lately , grandson just said my neck looks like a tureys, good job I love him. Twink it is really nice to see you on TP again. hope you are well. thamks Pam & Trev

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Pam,

I'm only just catching up with the events of yesterday...:eek:

Glad it all worked out and the doctor was sensible enough to let Trev come home.

Hope you had great comfort from your cuddles and sniffs..it's a wonderful feeling of belonging when you can do that...:)

You are truly amazing, you know.

Enjoy the stew..(I love home made stew..what time will it be ready?....:D)

Do hope Trev picks up, Pam.

Please look after yourself.

And enjoy more cuddles and sniffs tonight...:cool:

Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sorry Pam.
I know how hard it is for Dhiren to clear his chest but at least he is in a sitting position most of the day. It will be more difficult for Trev.
Hope the ABs work quickly. xx

Hello Twink. Good to see you. :)