exactly one year on

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Helen

Thinking if you today and anyone else feeling as miserable as you are probably feeling and so am I! This is our first Valentines Day alone and it must be even harder for you because it's the first anniversary of Alan's death.

I hope you had a good day yesterday - thinking of you.

Love

Attachments

• Valentine.jpg
    Valentine.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Helen,

You were on my mind first thing this morning, and I was hoping that as the sun shone on London that it may also be shining on you. I love the thought of Alan flying to his destiny and I think that belief is what will get you through today and always...

Absolutely, he would want you to make the best of still being here, albeit without him, so I hope today the memories are the good ones.

I remember vividly reading on your thread one year ago today that you felt a serene feeling that he had flown. I hope that is what you feel today, alongside the odd tear or two in his honour.

We're right by your side, and wish you well in getting through the day with the strength you have always shown.

Dear Helen, I hope it's ok...:)

Lots of love,

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Helen, thinking of you today. I remember all the lovely photos of Alan.

Turbo

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I made this for you

Hi helen I tried to pm this to you but couldnt attach this photo so its now got to go on the forum hope you dont mind!
I made it for you and pied to remind you that we are supporting you
Luv
Sarah

Attachments

• o joy (480x640).jpg
    o joy (480x640).jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 361

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Helen, hi
Thinking of you today, so glad to hear that the weekend was so good for you all.
with love from Jo

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I've been thinking of you today Helen. Hope things were not too bad for you.x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
This is the first time I have had to log into TP today. My daughter and partner have now left. The sun did indeed shine and I have actually felt very good all day:) I do feel something akin to what I felt when Alan died - serene. I feel calm, confident and secure and I feel pleasure when I think of Alan having flown to his destiny:) I think it is a road each one of us will have to travel and every one of us will have to do it alone!! Love can't prevent this from happening;)

Just like when Alan died, I did not expect to feel like I do today. I expected all kinds of feelings and emotions but not this. I like it.

Tonight I have been invited out by a Valentine:)

You have all upheld me once again and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Dear Sarah, I'm glad you couldn't PM the card because it belongs on the open forum where we can all share in it. I love it and I know the Truth of it. Thank you.

Love

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I feel pleasure when I think of Alan having flown to his destiny I think it is a road each one of us will have to travel and every one of us will have to do it alone!! Love can't prevent this from happening
I do agree with your sentiments Helen, especially the part I have highlighted.

Have a lovely time with your Valentine Helen. :)

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen hope you are now sharing a lovely valentines evening, you have so much love to share and make those around you feel alive, glad your emotions have enabled you to feel serene. it is a priveledge to know you and you give me hope for the future as I so realise that love cannot stop AD. but you have proved there is a life after , thanks for trusting us to share your journey, happy valentines day much love Pam

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
The sun did indeed shine and I have actually felt very good all day:) I do feel something akin to what I felt when Alan died - serene. I feel calm, confident and secure and I feel pleasure when I think of Alan having flown to his destiny:)

Just like when Alan died, I did not expect to feel like I do today. I expected all kinds of feelings and emotions but not this. I like it.

I remember reading your posts of a year ago and you expressing your feelings. Happy for you that you felt that way today.

Tonight I have been invited out by a Valentine:)

Have a lovely Valentine evening, as I am sure you will. :)

Love
Loo xx