Looking for people in same situation

dizzydeb

Jan 31, 2011
Cheshire
So sorry to hear of your situation. Work ethics by the book have you by the short and curlies BUT not in all cases... hopefully your GP and diagnosis will push through that this is why his underachievement was due to illness and pleed your case through a tribunal. Meanwhile collect all data pertaining his case from work.
Good Luck and best wishes.

Loppylugs

Sep 7, 2010
Hertfordshire
then...but I need my work to keep me sane.

I, too, need my work and I am very fortunate that I work for a small company with a very understanding boss and since January I have been working flexible hours. My hb had already retired before dx so afraid cannot offer any advice there, but you are doing everything you can and that's all any of us can do. It takes so much time and energy to get to grips with all that we need to know, decide what we should do, etc, etc. Please don't forget what I now know is the No 1 rule to 'take care of yourself'. I ran myself into the ground last year and it has been a salutory lesson, but like a spring flower I'm emerging again.

Please take care of yourself.

rosaliesal

Nov 15, 2009
Anger and Action Replay cause damage

Unfair treatment brings one's blood to the boil. Often companies just think of money and not welfare of staff. Caring people expect others to care likewise but that is not the way it works unfortunately. Selfish people exist, selfish companies exist. One piece of advice I heard was one of the most damaging things we can do to ourselves is to think over and over and over what went wrong, what they said, what you said, how it could have been. What has happened has happened. Write it down and get it all off your chest then do not cause any more damage with stress to your body. Say its their loss. I am above their behaviour, I will wipe it out and forget it. Action replay causes the mind to be too active and can cause sleep problems and other stress related problems. Do not let them affect you any further. They are gone, the problem ....what problem. I know this takes practice but it does help...even if you only replay now and then.:)

Worried Milly

Feb 19, 2009
I would go to the Ombudsman

Ceetee - going back to what you said about the Mortgage insurance not being paid out as your husband was not in work at the time - I would contact the Insurance Ombudsman and put in a claim that he was not in work due to his illness (backed up by your doctor) and therefore the claim should stand.

Please fight this one. I did with my husband and an insurance claim and after 3 years I won full compensation back from a major insurance company. The Ombudsman ruled in my favour. No court - just correspondence clearly laid out. They originally came back with a NO but I just kept plugging away. - it is worth a fight. Please try. good luck x-x-x

ceetee

Nov 18, 2010
Bedfordshire
Dear Milly,

thanks for sharing your experience. My hb lost his job through disciplinary procedure in May last year. The first time he saw a doctor was September. The doctor signed him off from then (Sep) but cannot backdate any more, because he hadn't seen husband before. So there is a 4-month gap. However, the doctor has written a supporting letter stating that symptoms would have been present long before September. Insurance company said that letter was not enough. Now in second appeal...insurance company willing to look at latest medical reports trying to link these with disciplinary procedure notes from company...Wait and see!!!

Worried Milly

Feb 19, 2009
Fight the good fight.

I know how hard you must be finding this - at a time when you want to curl up and protect yourself and your hb and family you have to fight for everything on every corner. I used to make a list and only fight one thing at a time - could not cope with more.

If the insurance company review comes back with a No - please consider the Ombudsman. papers are easy to fill out and not too onerous. Wishing you well with lots of love and hugs to take you further. Milly x-x-x