My darling Mam s torment has at last gone...

Hinny

Nov 4, 2010
Germany
She left me last Friday evening at 11pm.I was with her to the very end. I sang to her, talked to her and cuddled and loved her.She slipped away quietly and without pain.She fought so hard and so long and now she is at peace, released from her torture.
She was calling me on Thursday evening. I felt it and had a rush of urgency to get to her. So on the plane I got, as always.And she waited for me. After all of the years I have been flying backwards and forwards, I would have felt very robbed if I hadn t have been able to accompany her to the end.I have mixed feelings right now. Relieved that she is no more demented but why did my darling Mam have to suffer so long and so relentlessly.I know there is no answer to this.It is how it is.
And so we move on from day to day. Dad is sometimes in a dreadful state. He has lost his life long partner who he cared for admirably.
Tomorrow we are going to Mam for the last time......I am happy about it and don t feel one bit uncomfortable. I accompanied her to the end and will do so until the funeral on Monday.We are going to a beautiful crematorium called Wear Valley in Coundon and our dear family and friends are meeting at the Redworth Hall Hotel. It is all very fitting for Mam,she was a kind,dear person and many said...a lady. My daughter is reading the eulogy.I hope she copes with it.She will as she is doing it for her Grandma.
My Mother was treated with dignity and respect by the carers and nurses and they also supported my Father and I.
And so that s it isn t it? She has come to the end of her journey.Nearly 60 years ago I was her birthday present.We share the same birthday,21st June and this next one I will be on my own. Mamless....it s so sad.
Well dear friends, you have helped me too and I thank you all.
Be strong...Hinny

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hinny, thak you for sharing this. You gave your Mam the precious gift of comfort, now take some back for yourself and your family. Her suffering is over and you will find, in time, that your pain eases as the happier memories come back. Good night and God Bless.x.

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hinny, what a truly beautiful post, please accept my sincere sympathy on your mam's passing.
Isn't it such a privilege to have spent those last moments together. I felt the same.
You obviously have many precious memories, and I wish you strength to draw on them for comfort in the days and weeks to come.

Love, Necion. x

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Dear Hinny, I am so sorry for your loss, there is nothing I can say to take away the hurt, only time can do that, and it will, trust me.
How truly wonderful that you reached your mum's side in time to say goodbye, and to be there for your dad.
It sounds as though the funeral will be a tribute to a very special lady, and a time for your family to share memories of her, before dementia took it's toll.
Please know I will be praying for you, take care of yourself too, now, and do let us know how you are, keep in touch.
Love, sleepless x

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Dear Hinny,
Sending my sincere condolences to you and your Dad. As you say, your darling Mam's torment is over now, so hopefully you will both also find some peace and remember the happier times.
Take care.
love Gill x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Hinny,
My sincere condolences to you and your family. It was so good that you were able to be there with her at the end. I understand how you feel as I want to do the same for my mother when she dies.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Hinny I'm so glad you were able to be with your mum at the end. Semding my sincere condolences. x

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Hinny, I am so sad to hear this news about your lovely mum.
It is good that she died peacefully and that you were able to get there. Please keep posting and let us know how you are.

Turbo

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Hinny:
Your post is lovely but very sad. My deepest sympathies and thoughts go with your during this difficult time.

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I am so sorry you have lost your Mam, but glad she waited for you and you were there with her at the end. Sending love and thinking of you all today, love Pauline xxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Hinny,

Your post is full of love. I wish you peace and strength as you begin the next part of your own journey without your mum. If you care for yourself in the same spirit that you cared for your mum then you will do just fine:)

Please accept my sincere condolences.

Love

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
I'm so sorry to hear of your mams passing I know the pain you feel you are so proud of your mam and the love you had shows in your words !I wish I was with my mam at the end but was not to be but at least there no more suffering for them now! I wish you peace over the next few weeks

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Hinny,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You had a very special relationship and I too am sure your mam waited for you. Your post brought tears to my eyes, it was a very moving tribute to a special person.

All my love and sympathy for your loss.

xxTinaT