Peru Trek 2007

Steve Hilton

Aug 24, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi

If there is anybody else enrolled on the Peru Trek for 2007 and going to the preview information meeting on 14/10/2006 Claire and I would love to hear from you.

31/08/2006 - We have just gone fund raising 'on line' at :)www.justgiving.com/SteveandClaire:) anyone who is interested in sponsoring us please have a look our web page. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to donate: Alzheimer's Society will receive your money electronically and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in Gift Aid will be added to your donation at no cost to you. Regards Steve.

23/09/2006 - Just found out that the company I work for (Fleetline Despatch Ltd.) are going to sponsor Claire and I for all of our equipment for the trip. Great News and another step nearer! Many thanks Bob & Brian.

Last edited:

Steve Hilton

Aug 24, 2006
Lincolnshire
Thanks!

Hi Nada thanks for the welcome. Got through Sunday's bag packing session, and raised £662.00 on the day, another step closer to our target.

Best Regards

Steve

AnnaBaldwin

Apr 12, 2006
Hi Steve
Fantastic news with the bag packing, that is incredible. Really well done. I hope you and Claire are pleased and that you have faith that you will reach the fundraising target.
Good Luck with your next fundraising venture!
best regards,
Anna

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
just to wish you well on your trek, hope you manage to raise lots.

Last edited:

Georgina Hutber

Aug 31, 2006
Hi Steve!

Can you tell me some more about the bag packing as it sounds like a great fundraiser. I am running a bit short of ideas, as one or two of my efforts have been very disappointing.

Cheers

Georgina

Steve Hilton

Aug 24, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Georgina

In theory it is straight forward. Get in touch with your local Superstore (in our case ASDA), if they have one ask for their 'events cordinator' and ask if they allow 'bag packing' as a form of collecting for charity, if they do arrange a date for the event, get a group of family/friends together (reasonably easy for first event not so subsequent) stand at the end of each checkout with your collecting box, smiling sweetly :) and ask each customer if they would 'like any help packing their bags' even those who say no usually put something in your collection box. You could also get one or two collectors stood in the foyer of the store collecting, we also had a information display board supplied by our local Alzheimer's society in the foyer as well.
If you havn't got the family or friends required you can ask your local scouts/guides troop for assistance (usually for a donation).
Myself and immediate family worked all day Sunday 10.00 - 16:30, with friends doing a couple of hours or more.
Hope this helps Georgina, if you need anymore info let me know.

Good Luck!

Steve ;)

Last edited:

Ben Marklew

Sep 6, 2006
Peru Trek

Hi Steve,

I will joining you on the Peru Trek if there is a place left, I have requested the registration documents so once they arrive I wil be registering for the Peru Trek. I noticed you live in Lincolnshire as do I. So if you are running anymore fund raising days I just may join you if thats ok as I havent started yet and theres not long to go. Anyway hope to see you on the Trip

Ben

Georgina Hutber

Aug 31, 2006
Hi Steve!

Thanks for the info about bag packing. The friends I have approached to help have siad they don't think it will work, so I'm quoting you to them!

Do you actually ask people for a donation, or just hope they will notice the box/bucket?

Cheers

Georgina

Steve Hilton

Aug 24, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Georgina

As I mentioned earlier once you have the day sorted it is pretty straight forward have a donation bucket at each till mentioning the peru trek smile :) and let them make the decision and usually they will put money in even if you don´t pack their bags.

Go for it:)

Steve

Georgina Hutber

Aug 31, 2006
Supermarket bag packing

Thanks, Steve, but the bag packing is proving a bit of a problem. Just for anyone else's info, local Sainburys eitther said 1) don't allow individual fundraisers to bag pack, even for a charity or 2) are fully booked until mid-April 2007. Local Tescos either 1) had never had anyone bag packing and didn't know if I could or 2) didn't know if they had a charity coordinator or anything about bag packing but please write in to ask!

I think you struck lucky with Asda, which is fantastic for you.

Cheers