help

dianemb

Aug 17, 2006
Mum has now been off of drip for 2 weeks (decision taken by doctors as she could not swallow only sips of water for a while)and has had no water for 7 days. She is in the last stages of dementia. She is now completely comatosed and I just do not know how long she is gong to go on. Every day I think it is the last. we were told last Tuesday she only has hours and she is still fighting on, bless her. It is heartbreaking.

doctors wont commit to anything (how long)- Has anyone been through this

I am heartbroken seeing her

diane

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
hi diane

been thinking of you each day since you last posted. it sounds desperately painful to be in this situation with your mum. i said before, i was in similar situation with dad .... now just 4 weeks ago (seems a lifetime, seems like it never happened ....god when will it feel right). with dad it all happened very (too) quickly. within 36 hours of the gp phoning me to say dad was dying, he'd gone. i guess it's unpredicatable ..... but without water i don't imagine anyone is going to be able to live long. it's a nightmare and it probably feels like forever ..... but it will end ........ or at least the kind of nightmare that it is will change. hang on in there. take a break occasionally. do the best you can.

hugs

Áine

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hi Diane,
Without water, it cannot be long. It must be so dreadfully painful for you, but hang in there. Keep telling your mum it is OK for her to let go, to stop fighting.
Take what support you can from people around you; remember we are here for you.
Thinking of you.
Love Helen
<<<Hug>>>

Last edited:

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
It seems all the stranger to me that my mother wasn't put on a drip, they said she was OK the day before, and she wasn't in the last stages.

dianemb

Aug 17, 2006
Day 8 without fluids

its now day 8 without fluids and Mum is still fighting but looks dreadful bless her
this is agony
thanks to everyone for support
Diane x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Diane
This is just so awful for you to go through this...
I'm yhinking about you and your family
Take care and be strong
Love and hugs
x

suptowngirl

Sep 19, 2005
Staffordshire
Hi Diane

I feel so sad reading your posts,you must be going through hell. I have this to come with my mom. I really wish it could end now , before she has to suffer like your mom is.
Take care and know that other are thinking about you.
Suptowngirl.

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi diane

thinking of you at this most terrible time,
take care x

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member