Mum passed away 29th Dec

Pads71

Oct 15, 2010
:(Hi all,

my last post I discussed mum coming to me for Christmas day and now i can't believe that I'm typing that she passed away on the 29th Dec in the care home.. We weren't expecting it and as mum had a living will she didn't want hospital treatment and was ill for 4 days. Sadly my sister was on holiday in Australia and so sad having to keep her updated by phone. The funeral was Thursday and I'm back at work today and I feel worst now after the funeral than the 2 weeks leading up to the funeral.

Doesn’t matter how much i tell myself mum is finally no longer tormented with the disease and it's for the best... it's my mum and although I grieved a long time ago at losing her I didn't except it too hurt as much. xx

Thanks for the support whilst being here.

Sarah xx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Sarah, so sorry to hear your sad news. Your mum is at peace now but you're not - you have an awful lot of grieving still to do. I hope that you're getting some support at work because it's tough going back while grieving.

Sending you best wishes and strength to get you through the bad times xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
So sorry to hear that, and it doesn't surprise me that you feel worse now, I have heard this lots of times. The sad thing can be that everyone else goes back to normal, and you can't.

Hope you have someone to talk to and cry on their shoulder. Hugs to you.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Sarah,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. My condolences to you and your family. It must have been heartbreaking to update your sister when she was on holiday.

It is still very early for you and I hope you can find the support your need.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am very very sorry to hear this. Grieving is normal but if you feel in the need please consult a bereavement counsellor - it may help you through the pain.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Sarah, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope that you will continue to visit TP and let us know how you are.

Turbo

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
Hello sorry to hear of mum passing away sending my love I to know what you mean I was the same when mam died my head was saying she's at peace but the heart was hurting like mad ! I only hope time will make it easier for you xx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Sarah

Am sorry to hear your sad news

Its very early days for you. during the course of this illness, we suffer many griefs, nothing really prepairs us for the big one tho.

dont try to force yourself that you should be glad that mums suffering is over and she is at peace, you already know this is true, but this is not about your mum, this is about you and how you feel

I lost my mum in August, I miss mum a lot, still have a weep
It does get easier in time,the raw emotions gradually ease, but
you have to let yourself feel the way you do

grieving is normal but not nice,

Talk to us here , you see we know that you dont get over this in a few weeks xxx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Hello Sarah, please accept my sincere condolences on the death of your mother. I really don't know why people think a funeral is "closure" when really there has been no chance to begin to get used to the changes to your life. It is now you need your friends. You'll find plenty here on TP should you need support. Be kind to yourself and go slowly xx

Rachel T

Dec 9, 2010
Northamptonshire
I am so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your mum Sarah.

I know how you feel my mum died on the 31st December. We haven't had her funeral yet, it's next Monday.

We know they are at peace now, but we are not, I guess you go over everything in your mind and wonder at "what if's", I do.

I am sure with enough time we will feel better.

I am always here for you if you need to talk.

Love and best wishes to you, Rachel xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar