Can you still hear me screaming?

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen, I have a evening sitter from 7pm till 8.30 provided by the sitting service, afraid the route to it was via SS, Had a feeling it was a Spanish class. I too am desperate for lighter evenings when I can loose my self in some hard digging in the garden,Hope all is well with your check up how ever hard ones tries not to worry it must me there at the back of your mind. I know what you mean about having a little normality makes not having it that bit harder to deal with, have a good day out with grandaughter and try not to strangle daughter . Love Pam

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Helen, you can scream at us, we don't mind.

My husband has ... bunged up the loo by trying to flush far too many tissues down it at once (I have a brilliant unblocking solution if anyone needs it) ... ... Teresa x
Oh please, do tell; I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to know! :confused:

Helen, you certainly deserve a page or two of pressure-release; sympathy & <<<Hugs>>>

Attachments

• tearing hair out.gif
    tearing hair out.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 262
  • screaming smiley.gif
    screaming smiley.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
Unblocking a toilet

Here you go Lynne,

Get a mop (I used the mop I wash the kitchen floor with, the type with long ribbons of J-cloth) and stick the end into a bin-liner (supermarket carrier bag would do as long as it hasn't any holes in it). Tie or tape the bag tightly round the mop handle.

Put on rubber gloves and stick the plastic covered mop end down the toilet bowl and plunge it up and down. Flush and repeat if necessary.

You may need to bale some of the contents out of the bowl before you begin but mine wasn't completely blocked and a lot of the water had drained before I started. I had another bin liner to hand so I could put the end of the mop into that, and undo the string and dump the whole lot into the dustbin. Oh, and when I got the mop out of the plastic bag it was still dry so I didn't even need to get a new mop head.

It creates a vacuum apparently. In my case it was the loo in the shower room which backs on to the loo in the bathroom and shares the same waste pipe so I repeated the process in the bathroom loo to make sure I'd shifted the complete blockage.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Well Haven't posted here for a while, nothing at all to do with the toilet details HONEST;);)

For the past week I have been so cross (for cross read, angry, fuming, murderous):mad::mad:

I went to my evening class last week, having arranged for a great grandson to pop in and microwave a meal and keep Tom company for a while.

The possibility of me having a short break arose again and now we are at the situation of Tom being insistent that one of the great grandsons who stayed while I was away lied through his teeth to score brownie points. No way does he ever get up and get dressed in the middle of the night.. absolutely no way that he needs anyone here.. so next Tuesday I will call his bluff..(he will only be on his own for just over two hours, he should be safe) but not happy and he will not like eating at 5pm:D

I have broached (ie a brick-wall) of finding a SW away from the main SS office and approaching the local blind institute for one of their SWs although I realize that they will expect when they arrive an elderly blind chair bound person ( I hope David Blunkett never gets AD, he is as Tom was a successful person, albeit without sight)

It may sound stupid especially with my perceived animosity, but if I am to have a break I need to know that, one, Tom is safe and Two, that his independence is not compromised further.

I am afraid I rather let the side down on Friday as I ranted that if he could remember so clearly what had occurred last November why couldn't he remember what I had told him to do 10 minutes before.. I think the words fishwife and cow spring to mind'

I really am not being as good as I should be, as Tom would verify, if he could remember:confused::confused:

Sorry for such a big moan, but it has been a pig of a week:eek:

I see from other posts, that I'm not on my own this week.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry you have had such a bad time Helen we all have to let of steam sometimes and we all lose it really hope you get something sorted
mum come home today and she told me she slept in a shop doorway:eek: will be having words with my brother:D
hope you have a better week this week love larivy

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Helen you have all my sympathy.

I know how long I had to wait to get Dhiren to accept someone else into the house. It was only as recently as April 2009 when my sitters started and by February 2010 Dhiren was in residential care.

People on TP kept suggesting having carers in but it really was a no go area. I just couldn`t face the hassle.

I did leave Dhiren alone for short periods and while he was Ok at first, it was when he became anxious , the pressure was on me more than ever. I think you are at that stage now.

Perhaps , as long as Tom is not at risk, you should leave him while you go to your class. Only then might he begin to accept he may feel happier with someone with him.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Maybe next time your Mum could look after Tom in a shop doorway as he never needs any help:D

How could your brother put her in a doorway:confused::confused:

Where on earth did she get that idea from?? (presuming it is not true):eek::eek:

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
it better not be true:D
if only we lived nearer we could help each other out love larivy

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Perhaps , as long as Tom is not at risk, you should leave him while you go to your class. Only then might he begin to accept he may feel happier with someone with him.[/

Sylvia

I know Tom cannot go walkout so yes, I think I need to impress on him that he needs someone here..

Oh I hate this disease

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Larivy

I'm sorry but I have visions of your Mum in a shop doorway..:confused::confused:

The media would have had a field day by now, so I presume it was confabulation..

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Better still Larivy, if it's a 24 hour one, you could leave her inside, that way she won't be able to report you to the cruelty man for letting her catch cold:D