Never thought it would come to this.

DMWalker

Aug 14, 2006
West Yorkshire
Just an update for those of you who remember me.

After a few months of Dave's behaviour becoming increasingly unpredictable it came to a head last week when on Wednesday, he at last, was taken to respite for 2 nights. Sadly he was angry and aggressive and I was called to take him home. Thursday he went to the day centre and again I was asked to pick him up as his behaviour could not be tolerated.

Thursday afternoon he refused to go with his psychiatrist to hospital and on Friday he was sectioned.

I feel a mixture of sadness and relief, the Dave I knew changed a long time ago. I am told he is settling in but as usual not sleeping.

Dave's friend and outreach worker is going with me to see him on Tuesday, I'm a bit worried about his reaction when he sees me but it has to be.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me is the past.

Love Dee xx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Dee, hi
My heart goes out to you, what a time you've had and are having.
I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday and hoping that all goes well with the visit.
Take care of yourself, with best wishes from Jo

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh Dee - I am so sorry to hear this news. It is heartbreaking but there was no alternative.

I hope Tuesday is not too difficult - please let us know.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm so very sorry for both you and your poor husband - you must be feeling pretty rotten right now. My heart twisted when I read your post as it reminded me of our situation a few years ago and I know how you must be feeling. I hope that the section allows you to recouperate your strength and your husband to be helped.

xxTinaT

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dee
Am sorry it has come to this. You must be beside yourself.

Hopefully they will soon be able to get Dave through this awful time he and you have been having with this bloomin illness.

Do try and get some rest ,you must be shattered to say the lest and thats without the worry of it all

I do hope your visit on Tuesday goes well ,
Please let us know.

Dee remember we are here for you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Dee

I`m afraid it had to be. Dave has been uncooperative and very challenging for a long time. I don`t know how you`ve managed for so long. You`ve done as much as any one person could.
Please allow yourself to recover from the the stressful way you`ve been living.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sending you kind thoughts this evening and feeling both your relief and your sadness. I hope the week unfolds helpfully for you. Deborah

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hi Dee, you have shown tremendous strength, and I wish you comfort and peace. I hope you will soon be able to rest and continue, refreshed. Take care of yourself, see you around TP.
Love, Necion. x

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Oh Dee,
I do know what you mean about never thinking it would come to this.
I'm glad you have a friend to help support you and who understands Dave.
My heart goes out to you,
Love Jancis x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I do recall your earlier posts, Dave had some upsetting habits didn't he?
I am sorry things have hone downhill but maybe this is a big turning point both for him & you

Please give yourself some time to rest and recoup your strength. X

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Dee I'm really sorry things are as they are. Thinking of you and wishing you strength. x

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Dee, so sorry to read your update on Dave.

I fail to see how anyone could have done more than you, in caring for Dave for so long, under such difficult circumstances.

I know, right now, you are in a position that you would never have thought possible but it will be for the best, and I don't expect you will agree with that statement for all of the time. You will have your doubts and fears and that is why we are all here to support you.

Kindest regards
Hazel

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Hi

I dont know how I missed this yesterday. Unbelieveably sad for you, but as you say this isnt the Dave that you knew, just a horrible disease taking him over.

Sue

DMWalker

Aug 14, 2006
West Yorkshire
Thank you all so much for your support, it is so appreciated.

I did have a good nights sleep Sylvia, already I feel more alert, I was beginning to feel as if I was on automatic pilot.

Just as I was about to write this I had a telephone call from the staff nurse at the hospital asking if I was well enough to visit tomorrow, (I've had a sickness bug over the weekend). He amazed me by saying Dave was very cooperative and said he knew where he was and why he couldn't go home. His speech is not good but he made himself understood.

He also said Dave had some kind of infection, his white cell count was raised and this could be why he had been aggressive of late. (He was cleared of a water infection over the Christmas period). He had shown no signs of aggression and seemed to be improving, he could be agitated at times and did not sleep well at nights.

I'm now so confused, as much as I would love the calm but confused Dave home I could not cope with him as he was over the past few months.

I was asked what my thoughts were for the future! What am I expected to say?

Love Dee x

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Hello Dee..First of all a big hug to you...as you may remember I have been down this road (as have so many of our friends here)..Trevor was admitted into Psy.hospital and within days was sectioned because of his aggressiveness..I was asked not to visit fr the first two days and like you was very apprehensive on the first visit, but he was so much better than I thought, although looked very sad although he couldn't speak properly.

He was in there for 6 long weeks, but with medication and care, he became so much better that I had him home, although the professional view was that he should go into care.

We had some lovely weeks, but another infection started and that is another story...but I just wanted to say, I knew the relief I felt when Trevor went into the Psy hospital..I knew I was at my lowest ebb and couldn't carry on...I can also remember all the sobbing I did, but then we know that this will never be easy will it.

take care of yourself.

love
Bronwen x