christmas ?

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
Hello well its only two weeks since mam died seems a lot longer ! But I cant get my head round christmas what do I do with mam presents do I give them to dad there not clothes or anything like that I even got there card just cant get one that says DAD on that makes me feel sick in fact I still can not believe she's gone what to do I don't know just want to run away and hide till end of christmas

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hubby's mum died the day before Mother's Day, and he finds that a really hard time of year every year. So sorry to hear how you are feeling. I guess you have to do what feels right. Probably nothing feels right just now. Thinking of you xxxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Poppy:
It is sad that you have to deal with this. If it were me I would forget the standard Christmas card, but would send a plain one with a note telling your Dad how much you love him and miss Mum.

With regard to presents that is for you to decide. You could leave them on one side for now or give them to Dad if you think he would appreciate them.

The important thing is for you and your Dad to talk about how you both feel.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Dear Poppy, I think I understand about this time of year. I lost mum 2 weeks before Christmas 3 years ago and from then Christmas has not existed for me. I send no cards.

But to your dad an ordinary card with a note in sounds a good idea. The presents yes to dad if he'd like them or decide at a later date, to a charity perhaps? You are in my thoughts, Poppy xxxxxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Poppy , Am very sorry to hear about your Mum :( :( my sympathy to you & your Dad at your sad loss.

Lots of Love from Grove x x x x x x

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Dear Poppy,

It must be almost impossible for you to even consider sending cards and doing other Christmassy things just now, so if you don't feel up to it, don't do it.
Please don't do anything with your mum's presents, just hang onto them for a bit. I don't know why I say that, just feels right.

Take care
Pippa xx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Poppy
This is our first Christmas without mum, like you its the furthest thing from our minds ,

As others have already said, find a nice non Chistmassy card and write a lovely message to your dad.

Speak to your dad about what to do about mums preasants, perhaps open/unwrap them in the new yr and give to charity those that you n dad dont wish to keep

It wont be easy but we will get thro

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
first Christmas without mum here also, although my loss isn't as recent as yours.

I lost my first baby on December 1st 25 years ago and this time of year has never been the same since.

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum. My mam passed away last year in September, I know thats a few months before Xmas but it will never be the same for me now, well, life is never the same is it. You just have to get on with things because other people expect it, nothings ever the same, when you lose someone who is so very, very important in your life. Take care & I'm sure what ever you decide to do you will make the right decision, thinking of you Rosie xx