gastroscopy tomorrow

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Not looking forward to tomorrows hospital trip but I'm sure it will be ok I'm usually the one with the camera:D:D:D
and I dont like having my picture taken at the best of times:eek:
I dont like things in my mouth that shouldnt be there, gag at the slightest thing, not sure whether to have throat spray or light sedation?:eek::eek::eek:

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Sarah, hi
Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you and sending positive vibes and lots of love, let us know how it goes, Jo

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Hi Sarah,

Hope it all goes ok tomorrow. :)

Maybe ask Santa for something extra this year, for being so good for the doctor, that's assuming you will be the perfect patient!

Best of luck

laece

Dec 13, 2010
Gloucester
Good luck

the spray helps and the sedative is usually midazolam which is the nicer of the ones available

Take care - B

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
If it were me I'd go for both :D Like you I gag at the slightest thing.

My stepdaughter has had a number of thee proceedures over the years and she tells me the thought of it is worse than actuallyhaving it done.:rolleyes:

You can tell me if she's right!:D

Look on the bright side Sarah - by this time tomorrow it's all over!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Mo
x

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi Sarah dont tell Chris she will want to see the pictures:D
hope it all goes well love larivy

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hello Sarah, I have had the camera a few times if you go for the throat spray you can go home sooner, but if you are sedated the stay is a bit longer. I have had both treatments, prefer sedation as i have a bad gag factor. wishing you well tomorrow which one you choose i am sure you will be in good hands.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Of course Larivy, how true!

Sarah, Yes as someone said have both treatments what ever works have a double dose :D Will be thinking of you tomorrow, I'm sure you will be fine! You know we like pictures!:D so ...
crossed fing toes.jpg

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Hi Sarah Mum, also, is having a gastroscopy tomorrow. Hope you will be just fine.

We can compare notes after the event.

Hazel

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sarah, here's wishing you a speedy procedure today and hoping everything goes as painlessly as possible. x

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Good Morning Sarah, I too hope all goes well for you today.

May I suggest taking some soothing mints for after, does help get rid of the feeling of something 'foreign' having been there.:)
(Don't forget to consider my suggestion of spare undies, and something absorbant, (my embarrasing confession:eek:)...the weather's too cold to 'make do')

Love, Necion. x

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I have only just read this thread, hope all goes well, think I would have the light sedation as I gag too. Will be thinking of you Sarah, love Pauline xx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
A gag a minute

Home now just had a bowl of icecream!
How amazing was this when I got there I thought i heard someone say my name looked around no one there, of course I'd forgotten my letter consent form and list of meds!
They told me where to sit and low and behold a good friend of mine who I hadnt seen for months was in the waiting area with her partner.
We both waited ages (she was having a camera up her bum )
Eventually I was called in and the poor nurses were rushed off their feet I opted for local anaesthetic as they said It would be less hassle for me.
On the way to the hospital I bought a hat (picture to follow) and its furry and i showed it to her andshe asked me what I'd called it!
Eventually she was brought in and was in the bed opposite me. How surreal is that esp when she suddenly said well have you named it yet?
I was then whisked off and I can tell you naming my hat would have been the last thing I'd thought of as the tube went down and then back up again Idid wave my hand to say please give me an injectionI'm feeling a woooos (coward) but it was nearly done by then
Carol asked me agian when I got back if I'd come up with a name
when she returned I asked her if she'd thought about it while her camera took its pics No was her swift reply.
The results were ok no cancer but mini stroke had caused the problem.
Taking it easy tomorrow, thanks for all your thoughts vibes prayers and good wishes
Sarah