A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Hallo, Sylvia - Just loved the roller-skating grannie. Looked as though she had her shopping bag with her. What a terrific way to go shopping, up and down those long supermarket aisles ...

Glad to see the visit with Dhiren went well, but also a little sad to see that again he thought he would come home with you. Is it any wonder that carers are so close to tears at any time? But we all put on a bright front, don't we.

Love, Nan XXX

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear Dhiren was tearful, but as so often is the case, I suspect this has upset you far more than Dhiren.

I also wonder if the itching is stress related. Does the doctor still think it's shingles?

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia, I do suspect the itching is stress-related. Just because you don't feel stressed at the particular moment the itching starts doesn't mean it's not stress-related. The body has its own ways of communicating.

I speak from experience - I have been subject to giant hives and regular hives most of my life. Some are stress-induced but I also react to cold weather. They don't happen regularly but I seem to go through phases. The fact that my skin is very dry adds to the fun.

I've just gone through a very bad bout of itching off and on since August. I know it's related to Rudi having pains and being back in hospital for a day in August and again having more tests for more pains in October.

All I can do is try to handle my stress better (much easier said than done, naturally) and take antihistamines when required.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks again Folks

The itching may be stress related but it`s definitely associated with the bites I had in September.
I do have stress related eczema especially on the backs of my knees so this maybe a little bonus.

I`m sorry you have had more worru=y over Rudi Joanne. I hope it`s not serious. xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Rudi has had a clean bill of health. Whatever the pains were, they are not related to his cancer surgery. So that's a relief but it does niggle at the back of the brain when he gets them.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear that your arm is still vexing you. Have you mentioned it to the GP again? I wonder what it was that bit you.

Does it help to put cream of any sort on it? What happens if you try an anti-histamine cream on it? This has been going on a really long time now, hasn't it? Poor you.:(

Hope you have a restful night. x

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
fungus

Sylvia i have an itch which comes and goes on the palm of my hand the doc says its caused by a fungus. i asked about it and she said it lives on the skin.....i think it gets a hold when there is a small break in the skin. i have been applying a prescription cream and it has helped.

good luck with the doctor.
Cynthia x x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Deborah and Cynthia.

I might try to go to the doctor next week. Before I went out this evening I had to take an anti histamine and 2 paracetamol plus use some hydrocortisone cream, the itching was so bad I didn`t want to ruin everyone`s evening.

Something worked as I have been fine all evening.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
If it had been shingles I suppose this could be nerve damage? I know that sometimes after shingles you can get nerve pain, so I would imagine that it could present as itching.

As someone with psoriasis I know just how desperate uncontrolled itching can make you so you have my deepest sympathy. I get it in scar tissue (actually inside the scar tissue) so neither scratching nor topical treatment really affects it and it's enough to make you climb the walls.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve been up since 4am with the same problem so will have to do something about it. It has only just eased off now after smothering the area in Dermol lotion and wrapping my arm in kitchen roll.
I will see if I can get an appointment today but I think Friday is half day.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Sylvia,

Hope you ask for a blood test to be sent to whoever analyses blood after insect bites;)

Do you have a restful day planned?

Love

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia what did the GP think was causing the itching, is it connected to the insect bite?, Hope you have a good visit with Dirhen today. Trevs fairley good today hope you find Dirhen likewise . Love to you both Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo