!Do as you are told!

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi all,
Another awful night. Been up once and awake quite a lot before, but just before 5 a.m. Get up now, you have to get up. Do as your told.Of course we have to get up, been in bed days. Do as you are told you stupid woman.I tried to ignore him but the shouting got louder. I suggested a cup of tea (teasmade)that will do. By the time we had drunk that, right get up now. No Bryan i am not getting up until 7 ish as usual. Gave up about 6.20, he needed a wee anyway. T.V on, hearing aids in. End of night. Could not remember a thing about it of course. Thinks he slept all night.
I wonder what tonight will be like. I almost dread the nights coming.
Thank god for the wine and turkish delight.
I went to my sister for lunch today and she gave me a bag of marshmellows, lovely.Good job i do not put on any weight.
Love and hugs to all Muriel xx
p.s By the way i flet like saying I did not promise to obey 50 years ago so i am not going to now.But i knew he would not have a clue what i was talking about! xx:mad:

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Muriel, so sorry you had another bad night. I hope you can have a more peaceful one tonight.
But you are right, he wouldn't remember what you were referring to -- best to keep quiet!
Let's hope this is a phase that will pass.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Oh Muriel..I was so hoping you would get a better night last night....please start thinking respite for yourself..this can't go on..I know how it is and it took quite a few dramas for me to realise how weakened I was.

take care.

love
Bronwen x

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi,
Thanks for messages. Carer is getting bryan ready for bed at the moment, so peace soon, i hope for a while.
I did have a week away only last month Bronwen, do not think i can have another before christmas. I might ask my daughter if she can come for 1 night to give me a break and a sleep!
I will keep you posted.
Love and hugs Muriel xx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Muriel, hi
I hope you are Bryan as sleeping soundly and all is well in your house tonight. Remembering our marriage vows does us good sometimes, it's what keeps us together when the communication slips.
Do please take care of yourself, with best wishes from Jo

DMWalker

Aug 14, 2006
West Yorkshire
Hello Muriel,

I feel so in touch with you. I am going through the same each night. We have had separate rooms for a few years now, it suited us both but he would love me to go back into his room now, no thanks. I started letting him get into my bed in the summer to stop him constantly wandering around every night and I slept downstairs on the settee, not now though, it's too cold and too uncomfortable, I take him back to his room.

Dave's psychiatrist has tried him on various tablets to help him sleep, all to no avail, the one he prescribed yesterday seems to have worked - well it did last night, he only got up once!

Does Bryan take anything to help him settle at night?

Love and hugs,
Dee x

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Thanks for the messages. It does help to know some one out there cares! No Dee bryan is not on anything to help him relax. The dr, cannot prescribe as he is on so much medication anyway. The biggest issue is his heart, He had triple heart by-pass 17 years ago, followed by a stroke 2 days later.He has severe arthritus all over hsi body now. They were hoping to do replacement knees after his heart surgery but then after the stroke that was not possible. It never rains but it pours eh.
Lst night was a bit better, thank goodness. Been awake a lot this morning, made some chocolate brownies with my support worker, but now of course sleepy. This will go on all evening now!
Love and hugs Muriel xx:)

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi,
No unfortunately i cannot eat chocolate or wheat. Sonia (support worker) took half home and the rest he is eating. The carer who came last night to put him to bed had a small piece with him too.
He loves to cook. With a lot of help of course!.He used to be very good cook. His father was baker, one of our daughters is a trained chef, the other daughter is a very good cook. Our son is also, as is one of our grandsons. In fact even the little one is very interested too. Runs in the family.
Love and hugs Muriel xx