Dad passed away this morning

Polly H

Nov 26, 2009
Hello everyone,

So sorry I haven't been on the site for a while. Dad has been really ill and has spent the last 2 weeks in hospital. I have been visiting him constantly but sadly, he died early this morning before I could get to see him for the last time.

Dad has had this dreadful disease for 14 years. He has borne it with humour, stoicism and courage. I am so proud of him.

I expect the family will have quite a hectic time over the forthcoming week but I will be back when things settles down. I did manage to send a very positive questionnaire in to Katherine about how supportive TP is and I do hope I will be able to help others with my contributions in the future.

Love to all.

Polly H

SheilaL

Oct 18, 2010
South Lakes
Blessings

Oh, I am sorry! You must be so sad - anything I say here would seem to totally inadequate, but love and prayers are on their way to you and for your lovely dad xxxx

Polly H

Nov 26, 2009
Thank you Shiela. You made me smile, calling by Dad lovely. He surely was....he never told me how much he loved me but when I rang Mum from out of town, he gave her an inquisition after the phone call! lol.

Polly H

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm so sorry to hear that your dad has passed away - please accept my condolences.

Dad has had this dreadful disease for 14 years. He has borne it with humour, stoicism and courage. I am so proud of him.

He sounds very special - no wonder you are proud of him.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Polly,
I can only offer my sincere condolences on the loss of your father. I know my own Dad is in a better place but I still grieve for him. God bless you and your family at this time.
Love Jancis

Polly H

Nov 26, 2009
Thank you Kassy and Sue,

I want to be as you are.... there for others. I will soon.

Love,

Polly H

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Polly,

My thoughts are with you at such a sad time.

Sending much love and sympathy to you and your family, and much strength to get through the next few days, weeks and months.

Lots of love,

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Polly, I am sorry to hear your sad news that your Dad has died.
I hope that when you are ready you will come back and let us know how you are getting on.

Turbo

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Polly,

Very sad to hear your news. The way that you describe your dad's "humour, stoicism and courage" is really touching - it's the most that any of us can hope for in difficult times.

Take care,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to hear your news and I can only offer my deepest sympathies.
I think it is wondeful that you are still thinking about us here on TP
do hope I will be able to help others with my contributions in the future.

Please stay with us.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Polly

Please accept my condolences
I wish you and your famjly strength for the following days .

evedan

Mar 27, 2009
derby
So sorry

My thoughts are with you and your family....I am sure you will have some good memories!!!!!It helps me when i think of my mum....:)

Take care ((((BIG HUGS)))))EVE XX