My dad has Picks Disease - New facebook page

makalu

Nov 2, 2008
West Sussex
Back in 2008 my dad was diagnosed with Picks Disease and you will see from my old posts how we struggled to deal with the sad and frustrating situation.
The good news is that he is now settled in a great care home and his medication is stable. Suffering from diabetes as well as Picks makes it doubly complicated.
Every day that goes by I miss my dad more and more, with every visit he slips away from me. I now have two children that he doesnt realise are his grandchildren. Without them I would be unable to cope.
Despite everything that has happened I try to stay strong and am ready to talk in more detail about our experience to whoever wants to listen. I have created a community page on Facebook to spread awareness on this terrible disease and to make sure that people are aware that it is not just something that affects old people. My dad is now 62.
If anyone would like to join my group, please log onto facebook, read my story and post your comments.
I launched my page today and already have 24 people that 'like' my cause - so please spare some time and log onto facebook, you'll find me under 'Dementia and Me Community Page', I have pledged to donate £100 to Alzheimers if I can reach an audience of 500 by Christmas. Just click the 'like' button and then share the link with your other friends on there.
You'll see a great pic of me, mum and dad at a school reunion fancy dress party only 4 years ago. How I miss those happy times.
Hope to see you there.
Nicky:)

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Done it!!

Nicky,

All Facebooked!!!! Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Hope my friends get clicking! :D

Love,

makalu

Nov 2, 2008
West Sussex
this is great news everyone, we now have 62 people 'liking' my page, thats not even 24 hours since it was launched, keep it up everyone and thanks so much for all your support!