7 weeks have passed

Mummysgirl

Jan 21, 2010
My beautiful mom passed away 7 weeks ago Saturday, following falling out of bed. In a lot of ways I'm grateful that the Alzheimers hadn't had chance to take hold of her, she was still in the very early stages. She still knew who we were and, although she was unconscious for the 3 days before she passed, we all managed to spend time with her.
I'm really struggling though. I feel lost, angry, frustrated, sad, lonely. I MISS MY MOM.:( I would give anything for the chance to give her a hug or hear her laughing.
It would have been mom and dad's 49th wedding anniversary on Thursday. We went for a meal and put a rose on mom's placemat to make sure she was with us.
Dad's coping really well although obviously I'm not with him all the time. But he says he is feeling ok. He doesn't understand why he isn't moping. I said that maybe he had already prepared himself for this eventuality. I wish I could have done the same.
I can't describe how I feel. My husband is being fantastic and recognising when I need a hug and cry.
I'm sorry for rambling, but I really need to let this out.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I am so sorry for your loss. Please be assured TP is here for you whenever you need it. xx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mum nearly 2 years ago and can remember how I counted the weeks just like you. It seemed so odd for the seasons to continue without my Mum being there. It is a horrible time and your feelings of anger, frustration, sadness and loneliness are all part of bereavement. It is difficult, but time will heal. Just be kind to yourself xx

lorrainet

Sep 17, 2010
coventry
i too know how you are feeling i lost my dad five weeks ago and like you want to give my dad a cuddle i need to know he is ok. im glad your husband is there for you take care x x x

loneyjade

Jun 14, 2010
merseyside
seven eeks have passed.

I do feel for you and your family on the sad lost of your dear mum.
You will find lots of support and helpful advice from those that use this site, I know I did. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

Regards Jade,{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm very sorry to read about the loss of your mother. Please accept my sincere condolences. Kind regards Deborah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet