Im worried

fambrooks

Sep 28, 2010
hi everyone,
Im worried about my father in law, I feel his dementia is getting worse, he has been ill with E coli, were not sure from how or where, we can only esume it's to do with his personal higene or what is he upto when were not there, he burnt a pork pie in the microwave, we think we are not sure, its really worring me. I feel like im leaving a child in the house on his own, it's so frustrating. I find all so distressing seeing him like this, he keeps cuddling any woman that comes in his home, not just once lots of times. I'm sorry I'm feeling down with all this just wanted to let of steam.
from sue

lorrainet

Sep 17, 2010
coventry
no wonder you are feeling down maybe your fil needs to be reassessed . also if you are worried about him being on his own maybe ss can arrange for carers to go into your fil it might take some of the pressure off you. xx thinking of you

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
I would certainly ask SS for an assessment of care needs. Best not to wait for an accident to happen. Will he take to this kindly or resent it? It is so hard and difficult decisions have to be made sometimes. Like you say, its like leaving a child at home on their own and you probably wouldn't do that. Take care, keep posting for more support and let us know how you get on.

xx

fambrooks

Sep 28, 2010
Today my fil has been taken in to hospital been there all day, staying in over night doing some tests, he was really poorly.
I'm really worried about him. We have got a meeting with the carars 2 nov but im not sure we can wait that long.
from sue

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Hi Sue

In a perverse kind of way, perhaps hospital is the best place to be. Rather than waiting for 2nd November (Mum has appointment with CMHT on 1st Nov and I am counting the days, so I sympathise) I think that you should be pressing for the hospital not to discharge him until a care package is sorted out. Especially if you feel he is at risk.

Let us know how things go. Good luck
Mary
x

fambrooks

Sep 28, 2010
HI the hospital have said he can come home tomorrow, we have said he will need more care, I'm so confused we have had such a stressful couple of days, I can't think straight anymore.
They didn't find anything more wrong with him so the just want to discharge him. Thank you for the fact sheet I have printed it out and will look at that tomorrow when I'm not so foggy headed.
I'll keep in touch thanks all for your support.
from sue