Trev not well

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Trev appeared different on his return from respite, one of the carers commented on it too, nothing i could put my finger on just different last night he had the runs and a raging temperature, and his chest sounded awful, during the night the runs again and yet. again this morning, this morning, I have called theGP, the carers have just helped me sort him but he never awoke and i cannot rouse him so have left him in bed. it is some sort of infection , they always wipe him out hope GP comes soon with some anti biotics, he also appears very rigid, I just cannot bare this for him, he looks so ill.Daughter just been and even her voice did not awaken him, perhaps he just needs to sleep, I am usually calm but must admit to being concerned today, Pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Pam.
I hope Trev hasn`t picked up something in respite. That`s all you need.
Have you contacted the home? They might be able to give you some information before the GP comes, to give you some idea what it might be.
Fingers crossed anti biotics will work quickly.
Love xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh Pam, I'm so sorry to hear this about your lovely man. I'm not surprised you are feeling concerned, but I hope the GP can get the infection sorted. Sending you a big hug and special vibes for today. Much love, Deborah

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Pam,

I'm so sorry that Trev is unwell. I can understand why you are so concerned, and it must be very scary for you. So, please know you are both in my thoughts and I hope the GP can reassure you and give Trev some treatment soon.

I'll be thinking of you today and hoping for positive news on the infection.

Stay strong,

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
So sorry Pam - Trev couldn't have had another seizure could he? I know whenever David has them no-one is able to wake him up for hours.....

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh Pam, you must be so worried. I hope the GP comes quickly, and can sort Trev out.

Thinking of you,

Love,

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Pam
I know how worried you must be.
Hopefully you wont have to wait to long for doc.

Perhaps fone the home to see if anyone has become ill as it may shed some light on whats wrong with Trev

As Trev has tum troubles at the mo its most likely a virus, often when mum was ill it was extremely hard to wake her.

When you have time and feel up to it please let us know how you both are.

Thinking of you both
Love and hugs

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
the DR has just left, prescibed anti biotics for his chest and requires a stool sample, she managed to arouse Trev briefly and he flickerd his eyes, she says if no improvment it will mean admitting Trev to hospital, but I shall try and avoid that if at all possible with out putting him at risk, one good thing its a lovely day here and my tons of washing is airing in the sunshine and I have the french windows open and the sun is shining on him in bed, hope it kills the bugs, fingers crossed the meds work their magic. Pam

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hi Pam & Trev,
I do hope for both of you this is resolved soon.

If Trev's picked up a bug, of course it could be from the respite centre, but how well kept is the transport/wheelchair/walking equipment etc?

Your post has just made me realise that I neveractually steralise my car seats or door handles!!! Wipe over with a cloth, yes, but when I think about it, there must be an horrendous amount of germs there!!
I'm a believer in steam cleaning rather than chemicals, but each to his own.

So very glad you have been able to get some sunshine inside to Trev, and you've got a good day for the washing.
Do let us know, when you can, how you are both getting on.

Love, Necion. x - and one for Trev -x

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Hope the antibiotics work quickly & Trev improves soon.

Do take care of yourself as you don't want to pick any bugs up yourself.

Sending a comforting hug.

Mo
x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
My love to you Pam. I know how distressed you must be. I hope and pray that the doctor can help and that he recovers from this quickly. Don't hesitate to call an ambulance if you feel he is not responding.

Yes the sunshine does help us to bear these trials. I know it makes a huge difference to how I face the day.

xxTinaT

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Pam
Thankyou for letting us know

Hopefully the antibiotic will work quickly .
If you have trouble waking trev to give antibiotic , call doc out again.

Do try to get some rest yourself while trev sleeps

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Pam,

I'll have fingers crossed for the antibiotics to take affect ASAP. I can understand not wanting him to go to hospital, so let's hope the sun shines again tomorrow and that Trev's a little more alert after a good night.

Right now, that's possible, so I'll focus on that for you, and wait to see if you post tomorrow.

Sending love to you both,

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Pam, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Trev. I don't begrudge you the sunshine. (It's been boring and dull down here.) I hope you have many more sunny days this week to smoothe things along. You deserve it.
Hugs and love, Deborah xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Pam,

I've just come home to your news:( Sending love and very positive vibes your way tonight and will be hoping and praying that those antibiotics work their magic as soon as poss!!

I could just picture Trev in his room sleeping surrounded by today's sun rays.

You know where I am if you need;)

Love xx