Dad now failing rapidly :-(

Carer1

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
Hi folks, funeral was rained upon but burial was dryish by the time we arrived there. Great to see the family and friends and staff of nursing home.

six of the males of the Family carried the coffin. :)

RIP DAD... everyone commented on how well I'd done both with the organisation and delivering the eulogy. Had to stop and take A deep breath at times but I got through it....

now have to put it all behind me and start a new chapter next week.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Nadine, hi
Very well done, you did your dad proud.
Don't rush yourself and take care, let your feelings dictate the pace.
You are in my thoughts, best wishes, Jo

Carer1

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
Birthday

It would have been my Dad's birthday last monday 27th - he shared it with my lat gran.... but he didn't make it.

Today is my birthday and I'm playing Stevie Wonder as usual but this year I'm looking at a picture of my Dad holding his glass of beer taken last year. Cheers Dad... xxxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Nadine, hello
Happy birthday to you, have you been to the Tea Room today, it might be worth a visit ;)
What a poignent reminder of all you have been through in this last year that photograph of your father must be.
Take care of yourself, so pleased to see your post here today.
Best wishes, Jo

Carer1

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
Update

Hi folks not posted for a few weeks due to supporting a family member with their problems so haven't had time to grieve really since dad died.

Insurance people really brought things home to me this week - especially today - as I am still chasing the insurance payments to enable me to uplift the gravestone and have it engraved!

I've received two exact same letters in two days from the same company asking for signatures from my family alongside mine for release of the monies - this is not possible due to family living too far away which has been explained! :( After yet another expensive phone call today I was informed that the money was finally sent by BACS today so should be with me within the next few days!!!

I'm already drained etc from the days leading up to his death, let alone being on 'death watch' that last week and having to deal with the problems since then including the funeral farce by the funeral cars leaving mourners behind!! I feel ten years older since then and having to deal with my family too which is becoming more intense and problematic.

Need to write that complaint letter yet too amongst others along the way!

Goodness knows what would have happened if I hadn't had the main funeral costs already paid for!!

sorry for the rant, it's the only place I know where I can let off steam to others who know what I'm on about.

my love to all

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Nadine, hello
Good to hear from you. Well done getting the insurance sorted out and I hope the monies duly arrive early next week and you can move on with the headstone.

Do take care of yourself as well as you take care of other people, it is important as the lower we get the more open to illness we all are.
Kind regards, Jo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R