A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I bet you are relieved now that the test has been cancelled. I hope you find the new GP helpful. David also has a new GP at his home who seems very pleasant.

What a lovely thing for Dhiren to say to you - yes it is wonderful when the aggression stops and you can remember how things used to be.

Lots of love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
That was wonderful, Sylvia, and yes, it's a good idea, I think, to record the good moments and the humour. I'm glad Dhiren found such a good word too. x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dhiren says some very touching things now, doesn't he? I'm happy you can regain your good memories after difficult times. Those hard times can be so demoralizing so it's great that you are winning back all the good times.

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Oh Sylvia, I shed a few tears when I read this! What a beautiful thing to say! I doubt Carol Ann Duffy could have put it better!

I hope Dhiren is well.

Love Sue xxx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
That's lovely Sylvia. It's so important to keep a record of the good times as well as the bad.

I kept a diary of my Sahara trip, and re-read it a few weeks ago. It started with a visit to my dad the night before I set off, and I had written that he kept telling me how much he loved me. I had forgotten that. :eek: But it was lovely to rediscover that memory.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Talk about swings and roundabuts.

Yesterday afternoon Dhiren was not at his best. There was something I couldn`t put my fuinger on.
I was told he`d looked `grey` at bedtime the previous night and it was decided if he still appeared the same in the morning the GP would be called out.
He was eating and drinking and his Blood Glucose was normal.
He slept well and by morning seemed fine.

By late afternoon he seemed flushed and the carers were concerned. I left because I sensed sundowning coming on and thought it best if I went. [Too many cooks and all that]
I found it all quite upsetting.

The GP was called out during the night. Dhiren seemed rigid and the home was concerned.
All his observations were normal. An antibiotic has been prescribed just in case he is harbouring an infection, but in the opinion of the GP it is progression of the dementia.

We have had such a good run and I have read of so many being in a far worse condition than Dhiren is now. I cannot believe , no matter what I have said, how unprepared I was for this news and how it has affected me.

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
An antibiotic has been prescribed just in case he is harbouring an infection, but in the opinion of the GP it is progression of the dementia.

We have had such a good run and I have read of so many being in a far worse condition than Dhiren is now. I cannot believe , no matter what I have said, how unprepared I was for this news and how it has affected me.

Good morning Sylvia. I am so sorry to hear that Dhiren is not so good at present. I think I probably felt rather like you when Mum was in hospital and I saw the geriatrician. I feel we perhaps have a slight feeling of denial, as after all no matter how much we know about the progession of dementia, it is still our loved ones succumbing to this dreadful disease.

The straw I am clutching at for Mum is the imminent visit from the CMHT. I do hope that,for you, something will come along to lift up your spirits and keep hope alive.

Mary
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Mary.

I know enough by now about the progression, or I think I do, and have tried so hard to prepare myself. Dhiren is by no means at death`s door and yet I`m still shocked and upset.

It just shows how much we don`t know about ourselves.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Sylvia
none of this is easy, even when its a good day its in the back of your mind that it wont last, I think its a brill idea to record the good times, so you can read them later, I wish i had done that with mum,

you say he looked grey and at one stage flushed, I think its an infection, mum always went white as a sheet often the doc couldnt find anything wrong and sample of wee ok like your doc ours prescribed antibiotics n mum got better. so i do hope its the same for you,rather than he is getting worse.

sending you a well deserved ((((((HUG))))))

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Oh Sylvia,
I hope the doctor is wrong. It must be hard when Dhiren has been so much happier recently. I know how shocked I was when Dad's nursing home told me they couldn't continue if he didn't get some medication to calm him down. It felt so out of the blue, when he'd made such good and unexpected progress. Of course, I knew that could happen, but I was completely unprepared for it at that time.
How much harder it must be with your life partner, when he has been so lovely in recent times. I have so admired the way you have handled it all, and have always given the rest of us your warmth and compassion. Sending you love and hugs as always,

Sue xxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Sylvia, hi
You are in my thoughts as you take another step with this disease, it is so distressing for you and Dhiren. I am so pleased that the care staff are so attentive and caring, and the GP called so quickly. I do hope that the anti-biotics work and it is found to be an infection.
Take care of yourself, kind regards, Jo

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
It doesn't matter how prepared we think we are, when it is someone you love anything can catch you unawares and you feel out of control again.
Hopefully the antibiotics are all that Dhiren needs and he feels better soon.
Take care of yourself Sylvia
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

Status
Not open for further replies.