rest in peace my lovely dad

lorrainet

Sep 17, 2010
coventry
my dad was finally laid to rest yesterday.The service was so beautiful and the minister spoke so much about dad before he had ad. The tears flowed those tears that i thought would never come! i know not many of you know me as i only found this site when i lost dad, i feel like an imposter here now as dad is no longer alive. However since my dad died 19 days ago this site has been such a comfort to me i only wish i had found it before ! lorraine xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thinking of you Lorraine, and sending sympathy. You are certainly not an imposter. There is room for you here as much as for everyone else affected by dementia, in whatever way and at whatever stage.

Kind regards Deborah

Palesa

Dec 2, 2009
Belfast
Hello Lorraine, very sorry to hear that, it is so very hard and you are in my thoughts. Take good care kx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Hi Lorraine,

I'm glad you found us. Welcome to TP. However, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.

Please don't feel like you don't have a place here. You will find the unburdening of feelings a huge release during your grief, and this is the right place. In time, you may find great comfort in being able to advise & support others who are still going through the experience of dementia.

But take time for yourself before you think of anyone else and spend the days trying to remember your dear dad in his best times, and when that brings a smile instead of tears, you know you're on your way to recovery.

Take care, and I'll be thinking of you,

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi Lorraine, Thinking of you today, please stay around, it would be horrible not to hear from you any more, want to know how you are!

x

Carer1

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
Hi Lorraine and welcome to TP. I only found this site about a month or so ago and my dad died two weeks ago and cried with relief to finally find support and to see in black and white what I had been through with my dad.

There is a lot of support on here, please keep coming back.

(((((((hugs))))))))

please accept my sincere condolences and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
xxxx

lorrainet

Sep 17, 2010
coventry
thank you so much for all your lovely replies it brings so much comfort! also i know some of you are grieving too and so to take the time out to help me i really appreciate. im taking one day at a time. im trying to be strong for my mum, sending lots of love lorraine xx