Please sponser us

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Hi, I havn't been on the site for a while as it seems strange now that both Mum and Dad have moved on, but I wanted to let you know that I am taking part in the Great Glen way walk in August for the Alzheimers society. My two teenage daughters are walking with me and we are hoping to raise as much money as possible in memory of my Mum and Dad and to help the society to support people and research this illness.

We will be covering 74 miles over 5 days, so will be working hard for any money donated.

Please support us if you can. If you are able to, please pass the web address to anyone you know who may be able to support us too. It is www.justgiving.com/zan

:)

Thankyou in anticipation of your support,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Zan,
I've been onto your site, you don't look anything like I had imagined!!
Nice to hear from you again. You've lived through dementia and come out the other side, and still are working for sufferers - you have a lot to offer on TP, so post whenever you feel like it, PLEASE.
Love Helen

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Amy, Don't be fooled by the photo. Despite what you can see, I do possess arms. They were removed while the photo was being taken but, thankfully ,I was given them back in time for me to type into my computer. Love Zan

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
We had a week in Zakynthos at the end of May, then my daughter had her GCSE's so training took a back seat. We started back again last weekend with a 7 miler on Saturday, 5 mile on Sunday and a lovely 5 miler near to Chatsworth house on the Monday. Legs were fine, but I seem to have damaged a muscle in my arm! I think it was because I carried our picnic and coats in a backpack all around one of the walks - we ate about half a mile from the end! It dosn't stop the walking though so hopefully we could get more training done this weekend. My sister-in-law has sent me some Avon dry oil spray which she says is good at keeping insects at bay. Thanks for thinking of us. We now ned to find the cheapest, safe way to get up to Inverness as I realy don't fancy driving ( scared of the M6) although someone has suggested setting off in the early hours. Does any one know if the stretch from Stoke up to the Lakes ever gets quiet as it always seems mad when I've been on it?
Love Zan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne2024