Finally over

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I haven't been around much for quite a long time but I think there are still quite a few people here who will remember me.

My Mum died on 16th September and her funeral was on 23rd September. She had been very ill for a very long time so I expected to feel relieved. Maybe that will come in time but I don't feel any sense of relief as yet, just a deep sense of loss.

I was told about 10 days before she died that the end was very near but she struggled on without food or water for that long. When the end came it was very peaceful, for which I am very grateful.

My signature doesn't feel very appropriate right now but can't work out how to edit it!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Yes, Brenda, I do remember you but sorry now to hear about your Mum. My deepest sympathies; the emotional turmoil of loss and relief must be very hard so please give yourself grieving time.

To change your signature, go to Your Account, top left on the green ribbon. Then on the left hand side you will find 'edit signature' - hope that helps.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Brenda, I remember you very well indeed. I believe you were a Mod at one time and I know you were a very active contributor on TP giving lots of help to others.
I am extremely sorry to hear the news about your mum. I'm sorry to say that the feeling of loss never goes away but it may diminish in the fullness of time. You were a lovely daughter to your mum and I am sending you very sincere condolences at this sad time and love and hugs. Your mum is at peace now. Deborah xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Brenda, I am so very very sorry.

I suspect that over time you will feel a measure of relief but you're always going to miss her so it will never be unalloyed.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Brenda

I`m so sorry your mum`s illness has finally taken it`s toll. I do hope eventually you`ll feel relief, knowing her suffering is over.
Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Brenda, don't post much myself these days. I am glad that I have caught up with your news, albeit not what any of us want.

Your mum carried her illness for such a long time, I can well imagine that you just feel numb.

My condolances on your loss. Take time now to be kind to yourself and the family. Love n'hugs.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Brenda, so sorry to hear your sad news, my condolences to you and your family. Feelings are such strange things, always a surprise and planning for them never seems to help.
Take care of yourself, kind regards, Jo

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Brenda, so sorry to read this news. I have often wondered how you and mum were getting on (including how your course was going).

I always appreciated your wise words – and indeed your signature.

Please accept my sincere condolences and hopes that you are keeping well in yourself.

Love, Karen, x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Brenda

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. You may not know, I lost my darling John in July. It's not easy to bear, is it, however long you've had to prepare for it.

Seems a long time since you were taking me to task for my typos, I still do them!:eek:

Take care of yourself, and don't be a stranger.

Love,

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Dear Brenda,

I’m sorry to read your news, and I send my sincere condolences.

Look after yourself.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm so sorry to hear your news Brenda. I lost my dad in May and whilst I can try and rationalise and convince myself he's better off out of it, it doesn't take away the pain.

Be kind to yourself now.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Brenda,
I do remember you and I'm so sorry to hear your news. Although we think we will be prepared, it is never easy when it happens. My condolences to you and yours.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Brenda,

Many long-time members will remember you and your mother with affection.

You have my condolences on your loss.

Take care,

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Brenda

I too remember you well and had noticed you had not been around for quite a while, sorry to hear the sad news of your mums death.

You've watched your mum suffer for a long time now and the memories and pain of that don't fade quickly, it takes a long time to get over it Brenda, give yourself time to adjust.

Love and best wishes.
Alex x

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Yes, Brenda, I do remember you but sorry now to hear about your Mum. My deepest sympathies; the emotional turmoil of loss and relief must be very hard so please give yourself grieving time.

To change your signature, go to Your Account, top left on the green ribbon. Then on the left hand side you will find 'edit signature' - hope that helps.

Thanks Jan. I have removed my signature for now. When I am feeling more creative and less sad then I may replace it!

I think part of what I am feeling now is due to the stress of over ten years of watching my Mum deteriorate.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Dear Brenda, I remember you very well indeed. I believe you were a Mod at one time and I know you were a very active contributor on TP giving lots of help to others.
I am extremely sorry to hear the news about your mum. I'm sorry to say that the feeling of loss never goes away but it may diminish in the fullness of time. You were a lovely daughter to your mum and I am sending you very sincere condolences at this sad time and love and hugs. Your mum is at peace now. Deborah xx

thanks Deborah. In many ways I feel that I lost my Mum years ago. That's partly why the strength of my feelings now has taken me somewhat by surprise.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Dear Brenda, I am so very very sorry.

I suspect that over time you will feel a measure of relief but you're always going to miss her so it will never be unalloyed.

Love

Hi Jennifer. I'm sure you are right, but I have been missing her for a long time already. 'The long goodbye' is indeed a very apt description of dementia.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I think part of what I am feeling now is due to the stress of over ten years of watching my Mum deteriorate.

Yes, Brenda, it probably is. Don't underestimate it. Stay strong and keep visiting TP if you can because you are missed. Deborah