just one of those days again feel a long moan coming on

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Am in feeling sorry for myself mood, know it is down to lack of sleep and I will snap out of it, can i bore you all to death and save my family some earache, not slept well for a few days now, at 4 am awoke to a very wet leg, Ttrev had pulled his covene off, perhaps not his fault because even though i had reorderd a week ago non arrived, had rung chemist to be told they were out of stock and would ring when then got some in, they had not thought to inform me, rang Gp, District nurse, continence nurse, no joy, finally rang distributor and after resorting to tears , manager said they would send me some in yesterdays post needlless to say they did not arrive, so back to 4am Trev in puddle i struggled for an hour to undress him gave up and wrapped him in 2 blankets, carers arrive most days ay 8.45, today 11am. had a prob with other user. New wheelchair coming today, 4 months wait, was supposedley made to measure, not a lot of faith in this service, they know Trev needs his feet strapped in , i told them this again last week she said no prob will bring technician, well i could do both there jobs with my eyes closed, my language could get abusive at this point, he could not do it would send someone who could in a week or so, took Trev out in this wonderful chair, had to ask 3 different strangers to help me lift him up as he just slide out onto the floor, talk about h & s. could not get him back indoors as his feet on flloor. fed him his dinner outside, finally got him tucked upin bed , and nipped over road for a bottle of wine,could not remember pin

Santons

May 11, 2010
South Wales
Evening Pam

My response is probably not going to help you whatsoever but I to am finding things quite frustrating as my dad has just been diagnosed with Vasucilar AZ and the advice I am having from my local SS (Social Services)is leaving me quite frustrated, my escape !!! a couple of cans of Tescos finest well it helps me anyway.

All the best hope you sort it all out soon

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Oh Pam, and so it goes on...glass(es)of wine have been my answer but I forgot I had to have blood tests this week, including liver test, I wont pass based on the last four weeks whilst Trevor been in hospital.!!

love
Bronwen x

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Oh Pam, that sounds like a horrible day. I can't find the bit on this computer to send you a bottle of wine, but it sounds like you deserve one!

Hope things go more smoothly tomorrow,

Love Sue xxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Pam, hi
So you had a spontaneous picnic, at least the weather was good and really quite mild, I bet you weren't feeling either. I hope that you and Trev have a better night and you found some change down the back of the sofa, enough for a bottle of red!
Take care of yourself, and make sure that you have enough supplies in for those days when it's vital!
(Hubby was up to a walk this afternoon in the sunshine, so we went to the cash machine as his card is much healthier than mine!)
Best wishes, Jo

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry to hear your having a bad time dont mention wheelchair people to me we have told them to come and pick up their wheelchair to big for mum,cant get in car (which was one of the main things and so heavy what did they say bring the chair and mum to centre and we will sort it out how when i cant get the thing in the car its to big and to heavy oh! yes we will put you down for home visit that was 4 weeks ago:eek:
pam now look what you have done you have started me off perhaps i sould have a few brandys :D HO! might not hear mum i wont be responsable for my actions if she has me up all night tonight:D
UM perhaps i will give her a brandy:D OH well cheers pam hope things improve love larivy

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry you are going through all this but glad you could let rip here about these inefficient services :rolleyes:. The wine is a good idea but bet you prefer to be drinking it socially ;)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Pam, so sorry you have had a horrible day, and hope you get the wheelchair problem sorted out soon. I understand how long these things can take (but not why ) having been in a wheelchair myself for a year.

Unfortunately I can no longer drink alcohol :(:eek::mad: so I'm sending you some, and enough to share with everyone else!
How I miss a tipple, have not had a pleasant day either, but perhaps just as well otherwise I'd be beneath the table by now!

Love
Loo xx
:D:D wine-tasting[1].jpg

jackie place

Aug 4, 2009
eccles manchester
Just one of them days

Well I could do with a drink I have had one of them days too . I have been off work for a week sick with a bad back and a irregular heat beat. Still up as not sleeping too good my husband has Alzheimers and is being assessed at the moment we have a meeting tomorrow with the CPN Nurse Social worker OT lady and the carers at the restbite. Things are not looking too good as Peter is only 63 he cannot be on his own and has had to go to the restbite as he kept putting coins and his watch in his mouth, thinking that it was a cake or sweets. ( he has been in hospital with low blood pressure in June and had a couple of weeks conversazione I am on my own as my family live soem distance from me and I am in the Manchester Area I am getting abit frightened for tomorrow as to hear what they have to say which I can imagined. Why is life so cruel? I am not coping with this illnest very much Peter was diagnosed some 2 years ago but think that he had it for many months before we actually got him to the Doctor. I don't think that they will allow him to come home as he is not safe and I work fulltime, I have said that I will give my job up to look after him but they disagree as i need some time to my self, I love my job and love meeting people its where I forget things at home for some hours ( is this selfish of me) I have cared or my husband for nearly 2 yrs and more besides I believe that he is nearer the last stage of this illnest but as yet no one knows how long it will take. I am dreading the meeting even though I know that it is in the best interest of my husband but at 63 he is so young. I really miss him at home, his cuddles and smiles . I brought him home on SAturday for the afternoon and even though we had only just come in he was asking when I was going to take him back to hospital) thats whaT HE CALLS THE RESTBITE) its as though he does not feel safe at home anymore only at the restbite why is this? I cannot answer any of the questions and hoping that someone will be able to do for me. Well thank you for listening just wanted to get a few things of my chest tomorrow is a big day and I am scared my daughter is coming with me cause I know that I will be upset and she has some questions to ask them. The restbite is nice is just t they are short staffed like everyone else. The only fresh air that he gets is when I bring him out as he is not allowed to go anywhere on his own ( which I know for the safety reasons. Sometimes I cant always bring him out or go for a walk the winter will be upon us soon so he wont be able to get any fresh air. They just sit in the lounge watching Tv or listening to the radio or in my husband case he goes for a walk along the corridor as he is suffering from Arthritis as well, and most days this gets him down he cannot do anything for himself. The restbite is nice is just that they are short staffed like everyone else. The only fresh air that he gets is when I bring him out as he is not allowed to go anywhere on his own ( which I know for the safety reasons. Sometimes I cant always bring him out or go for a walk the winter will be upon us soon so he wont be able to get any fresh air. They just sit in the lounge watching Tv or listening to the radio or in my husband case he goes for a walk along the corridor as he is suffering from Arthritis as well, and most days this gets him down he cannot do anything for himself.
:):confused:any feed back would be appreciated Thank You

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pam,

It sounded like you had a right day yesterday Pam trying to get things sorted and I hope that today is a better one (even with a hangover)!! Knowing you, you'll get it sorted but I am only sorry that it often means a mammoth effort on top of what you are already managing.

Sending love and a big hug to you and to that lovely man of yours:)

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
Just one of those days again feel a long maon coming on

Hi Pam, I do hope last night and today will be better than yesterday for you. I do feel for you and understand everything you are going through. Enjoy your wine, you deserve it.
June x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I missed this post yesterday Pam. So sorry.:( I hope today was better than yesterday. Much love, Deborah x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Thanks everyone for putting up with my tantrum. had a good nights sleep and am wearing a smile instead of a frown tonight, Called a friend who works for Tesco and they have sorced me some convenes in Warrington ans should arrive tomorrow,Wheel chair gone back, son had taken photos of Trev yesterday and how unsuitable if not down right dangerous the chair was for him, ot worker said it was because he had deteriated from when they ordered it, she said she knew i was doing my best for Trev and we parted on friendly terma, we have the old one back and i shall purchase an electric one myself in the near future, a few people saw the other side of me yesterday but if that is what it tales, well so be it, I rarely loose my temper with Trev, but felt at my limit yesterday when I said if you put your feet on the floor again i shall saw them off, I am not really a bad person honest, thanks again a much calmer Pam

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
felt at my limit yesterday when I said if you put your feet on the floor again i shall saw them off,

:D:(:D:(:D:( Poor Pam, I'm laughing and crying at the same time reading this.
You are not a bad person in any sense, Pam, you are fantastic. x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14