Yet Another year over

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon

Well, that`s another year over as my 52nd birthday passes me by, and what a year it’s been. Without a doubt the saddest thing to happen in the last year is the passing of my wonderful MUM in June of this year, it still hurts as much now as it did then and yesterday was the first time in 53 years that she didn’t say happy birthday to me.
I still miss her so much

On the flip side one of the happiest things to happen was the publication of my first THREE books and all in such quick succession! But unfortunately the Alzheimer’s disease rolls on like an unstoppable Juggernaught.

As you know my first lot of Alzheimer’s drugs was unsuitable for me so now I am on Exiba which is only because I have a fantastic consultant who ignores “NICE” but did explain it as a “last chance Saloon “ drug so here`s hoping. I have got steadily worse over the last year and noticed I get more irritable that ever I used to. How Elaine puts up with me God only knows! But this last year looking at AD through my eyes has been hard to accept and very frightening. I suppose if I ever sat down and thought of nothing else for a while it would petrify the living daylights out of me.
I realise every day that I am so lucky at the moment that I can write this down or verbalise my feelings to Elaine, my family and you when so many who have this disease cannot. There may come a day when I can’t but until then I will try to do so. Some may say I wear my heart on my sleeve and maybe I do but that’s something I don’t apologise for as it helps me greatly to say what I feel and explain the reactions of other people regarding this horrid disease.

For people who can`t get across what they feel and think must be horrifying and so frustrating. I am a firm believer that their story is in their eyes and if people look long enough they will still see the “old “them in there somewhere. This is what I have told my “Angel Elaine” to do if there ever comes a time for me.

At this point, before I bore you all to death!! LOL I would just like to say thank you for all your kind comments and support over the last year. I am truly sure that without my wonderful family at home and online I wouldn’t be here now, and as I always say “never give up Hoping”
Best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Never give up hoping, Norrms, never give up.

Your posts and your book have helped me enormously to understand this cruel disease and have, I believe, helped my mum because I have some idea of what she is going through.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve needs no apology, it is a priviledge to be able to share the events and feelings in your life.

I hope with all my heart that this next year is a good one for you

love to you and the family,

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi norrms you and elaine are a great couple I am learning alot about this disease and you are helping me to see both sides
I really hope you have a Goodyear if any one can beat this horrible disease you can
thanks again normms and elaine love larivy

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Thank you so so much everybody and i promise to do my best over the coming year, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland

Well, that`s another year over as my 52nd birthday passes me by, and what a year it’s been.

Norrms. what a year, indeed.:)

Yes, you lost your mum, and I know how sad you were, and are, about that. You must have felt it particularly on your birthday.

Yes, you feel you've deteriorated in health. I can't comment on that, only you and Elaine are aware of that. To us, you're still our wonderful Norrms.

So, two negatives, and I'm not minimising them.

But how many positives?

Three books published, and a great deal of work raising awareness of dementia. And your wonderful posts and poems here. I don't think you are aware of the help you give to us carers, simply by writing of how you feel. My John was someone who could not express his feelings, because his language went very early on. I read your posts, and relate them to what John was feeling. Like you, John was very positive, and never complained, but I know he must have had his doubts and fears.

You are a unique asset to TP, Norrms, and I for one thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here's to another year of your contributions.

Love to you and Elaine,

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you

Thank you Hazel, you are so kind and understanding and i am so proud to call you my friend.

Dear Connie. you are my dear, without doubt one of the bravest ladies i have ever met and i cherish our friendship so muc,

God Bless you both, all our love, Norrms, Elaine and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Dear Norrms,

Yes, it's another year over.

A year where you gave support and insight to us carers.

A year where you gave joy and love to your family and a year when you tirelessly worked to spread the message of what dementia is like for the sufferer.

All in all, a very succesful year, don't you think?

Lots of love,

Jeanne. xx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
hiya

Hiya jeanne, thank you so much and yes i agree ive had a good year really, always my best wishes, Norms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Norrms
A very belated birthday greeting to you.

I am so pleased you had a good one and really enjoyed having everybody around you.

You are so special and I am sure they all enjoy your company as much as you do theirs. The children are so lucky to have such a lovely grandpa.

Keep soaking it all in and enjoy every moment of it. x

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
Dear Norms

I can't add much to all that's been said. You're a wonderful guy with a wonderful family. Please accept a belated birthday hug from me.

I've been away for a while and only just read about your publications. Congratulations. After my own "I'm back" thread, yours is the first one I read and, as always, you're an inspiration. I will always look out for your posts and now for your books!

Lots of love to you and your family - Kathy