Read if you want to, it is about death, and saying goodbye

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello Florence

We all need somebody to lean on, call on me , I'll be a friend, somebody to lean on, and so on.

It does not work like that.

Sorry my love.

Friends are, I paused there, still thinking.

OK, they tell you the truth.
They can cry in front of you.
They make you laugh, and I mean laugh;)

BUT, most of all
They can tell you about them, and their life, and know, you listen and care.

Barb X

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello Jimbo

I could not imagine the torment I have felt since Helen died
jimbo 111

Hello, I am Barb
Torment, is the word you use.
I call it sadness, deep sadness.
Is is the same, or is it????

Talk if you want.

Barb X

Carer1

Jul 26, 2010
Manchester
Hi Barb, I've just found your thread and flashed back to when my gran and my mum died - 30 years and 20 years ago respectively. I'm now on death watch for my dad whom I hadn't seen for far too many years due to their divorcing but... life goes on.

I felt a little like you did when my mum died, asking why? She was only 66 at the time, a relatively young woman.

I can't put all I want to say into words but I can connect. I don't smoke, don't drink much but I too have Ancestry - I could spend all day every day at the computer researching given the chance, and I have other hobbies too.

TP for me was a godsend when I found it only a couple of months ago. Grief takes us all different ways and at the moment I think my admin head is keeping me grounded with my dad, despite my tears flowing when I talk about or think about the situation, and and I'm sure there will be times soon when I just want to shut myself away from the world and be alone and so on.

(((hugs))) and my thoughts are with you.

xx