Mum at peace at last

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you Sheila.

Your Mum is now at peace & free from this awful illness.

Be gentle with yourself now,. I hope that in time all the memories of the good times you shared with your mum will replace the more recent ones of her illness.

Take care.

Mo
x

sheila d

Dec 8, 2007
liverpool
Thank you

Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

What an emotional rollercoaster the last two days have been. There are so many things to be decided before the funeral can take place and yet there is no manual that can be followed. Just when I think I am in control of my emotions, a phone call or a kind word starts the tears again, I wonder if I will ever be able to talk about mum without breaking down.

I have to go back to work on Monday and I don't know how I will cope with it - I still have so much to organise for the funeral next week that my mind will be everywhere. Is a few days really all it takes to before we have to become 'normal" again?

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Sheila, take as long as you need to come to terms with the grief. There is no 'right' way of doing it.

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Hugs,

Maggie

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
.Is a few days really all it takes to before we have to become 'normal" again?

Oh my goodness no!!!! The outward face may have to be forced to be normal as that is what society expects, but inside, weeks, months before the "new order" settles from chaos. We're here to listen and understand as so many have been through similar cirumstances so please don't feel alone. Take care xx