The end

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
So sorry to hear this and I hope you can find some peace. It's good that she was able to squeeze your hand. I wish your mum all peace & rest. Thinking of you x

LynneR

Sep 11, 2009
West Sussex
Mum is still with us and she looks very peaceful. Thanks everyone for all your messages of support, really appreciated. x

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Thinking of you, Lynne. I hope you are able to get some rest. It must be such a shock for you, but I'm glad your mum seems peaceful,

Love Sue xxx

JustMeOm

Aug 24, 2010
London
Everything seemed to be going so well, Mum was settling in her home albeit with odd little niggles such as her words not coming out right. Then last week I had a phone call to say that she had fallen out of bed - more bumps and bruises!

Then this morning the phone rang. I was just about to go to the home to visit Mum, it was the Care Manager, Mum wasn't right, she said it was if the lights were on and no one was at home. So I quickly got into the car and drove the 10 miles to the home. When I got outside there was an ambulance in the gateway. My heart sank. Yes they had called it for Mum. She was lying on her bed and looked terrible and the paramedics weren't getting much of a response from her. She squeezed my hand though when I asked her to. They quickly got her into the ambulance and I went off with her and in A&E the Stroke Team were waiting. I was led off to the relatives room and then someone came who said Mum was off for a CT Scan. Within half an hour a doctor came back who sat down and told me that Mum had had a massive bleed in the brain and there was nothing they could do for her. She was then transferred up to the Stroke Unit where I have been sitting with her for about 7 hours. The staff have been very kind and have told me that Mum has been put on the Liverpool Pathway. I have come home now as there is no response at all from her, no hand squeezing, nothing. They have said it could be hours or days but the outcome will be the same. What a sad end and today was her 65th wedding anniversary (Dad died 18 years ago).

Hi Lynn, I'm sorry to hear about what's happened to your mom. It's highlighted what could possibly happen to me and my mom at some point in the near future, which is what we all fear, ie the end, as your title mentions.

I feel for you and am sending you and your family healing thoughts; and am glad that your mother looks peaceful. I have had a loved one in much pain before from a terminal illness and looking ghastly but as soon as he crossed over, his body looked so peaceful and young again, like he was sleeping and the pain had all gone.

Rgrds

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hello Lynne,
Just been reading your thread and previous ones, and so sorry to hear about your mum and all the trouble you have had with trying to help her. I really feel for you - hope she is OK and you can rest tonight.
God bless, Jancis x

LynneR

Sep 11, 2009
West Sussex
Mum still here but breathing seemed more laboured today. They have given her 2 injections, one was morphine based but not for pain they said just to make her breathing easier. Hopefully the end will come soon.

Lynne

Willowgill

Mar 29, 2008
South Yorkshire
Lynne I'm sorry you're going through this and hope you gain some strength from knowing your mum is peaceful. Spend as much time as you can sitting with her and talking to her - it was such a comfort to me to spend those last few days with my dad. I'm sure she will know you are there too even if you have no response.

Charizomai

Aug 17, 2010
Cape Town
www.metameerkat.com
I started reading the entry and got to the third sentence. My sympathies for the heart ache you are dealing with. I could not read any more, for now... so I skipped here to just say, my best wishes.

LynneR

Sep 11, 2009
West Sussex
Didn't stay so long with Mum today, breathing a lot easier and very steady so the hospital said they would ring if there was any change. It's getting to me a bit now.:(