It's over

suptowngirl

Sep 19, 2005
Staffordshire
so sory

Hi Zan,
I have not been able to get on for ages and tonight I read about your dad. I am so sorry you have lost him. I'm sure he is with your mom again and happy.
Take Care
Suptowngirl

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Thankyou Nada, We're supposed to be in training but it's too hot at the moment. We walked in Snowdonia over Easter and did a weekend of walks during the Peak District walking festival ( 14 miles and 8 miles) . Time to get back in to our training. Have heard that the midges are bad in Scotland in August. Any one had any experience of them? Love Zan

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Midges

zan said:
Have heard that the midges are bad in Scotland in August. Any one had any experience of them? Love Zan

:eek: Eek, do I remember Scottish midges! Early morning & evenings, there are millions of them per square inch! (They disappear once the sun gets up - IF the sun gets up)
About 14 years ago my then partner & I went camping in Scotland, travelling on motorbikes. We camped at Kyle of Lochalsh (quite near to where the ferry for Skye is, pre-bridge) where I'm sure there is a special breed of Sabre-toothed Midges! At about 8 a.m. we were packing up the tent etc., both wearing our full m/cycle clothing (including crash helmet & visor) to avoid being bitten to death by the little dears (and they still got in the collars & cuffs.)
It gave great amusement, I'm sure, to all the other campsite residents watching from the relative safety of their caravans & campers.