A Good Day

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi
As some of you may know my husband has been on a complex needs ward for 4 months.
This came about after I asked his doctor for help to calm him down as he was anxcious and worried all the time.
She refused medication saying he needed to be in a care home, so we did this with the result that five days later he was sectioned and sent to hospital.
The same doctor was the consultant on this ward and she has approved different drugs for him until we found the one that suited him.

He is now a different man, calm and begining to know his family again.
He talks a load of rubbish sometimes but thats okay he`s happy in his own world.

He is now ready for discharge and I feel that I can cope with him at home and they have agreed to let me try as long as I have a package in place from SS.
To say that I am a happy bunny is an understatement.
So for once a happy post:)
Wish me luck
Love Roseann X

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I'm so delighted for you Roseann - good luck and I hope all goes well - fingers crossed.

Love

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Roseann, hi
I'm so pleased for you and thanks for letting us know, I do hope that the new medication works wonders and you have a happy time together, long may it last.
Best wishes, Jo

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Oh Roseann

That is great to hear. Well done you for getting through this time and staying positive. Good luck for the next few days and weeks! I'm in awe of the way you are dealing with what you are coping with.

pied x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Rose, how wonderful for you.:)

I do hope you get the package you need, and you can enjoy being together again.

Love,

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear friends
Thanks for all your good wishes I do appriciate them.

I must admit I am feeling pretty good at the moment and hope it lasts

Almost forgot to say `J`s named nurse even copied his notes for me to read at home so that I could see how they handled him and said if I needed any advice just ask.
Absolute angels everyone of them.
Love Roseann x

Last edited:

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Hi Roseann,
What a lovely positive post! I'm so glad it's all going so well, and how lovely to hear that the nurse has been so helpful. A stark contrast to when my Dad was admitted to our local general hospital, where the staff seemed to have no idea how to handle people with dementia. It just shows that our loved ones need to be in the right setting.
Good luck to you,
Sue xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so pleased for you and J Rose. Isn`t medication wonderful .:)
I hope you don`t have to wait too long for a SS package.
Love xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Roesanne i too are so thrilled for you, reminds me of us some 3 years ago and Trev is still home, albeit with loads of help, i accept any help offered these days wish i had from start, hope all goes well, enjoy having your man home lovePam

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Rose - I am just in and saw your post first - what a pleasure to 'feel' your happiness. I know you have excellent family support, so along with a good package, it all sounds wonderful (says me with a tinge of envy :eek:)..

Thrilled for you. Love